Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:59 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 am 

Hi

Newbie here :)
Tried to find an answer, sorry if this a dupe.

I got Lumafusion since a while, made a more motivated longer music video now. Amazing how far I can get on a tablet!
I am looking to do a certain video effect.
Example
https://youtu.be/5VZQZz8qpHY 2:10
The idea is to loop a very short video to play in sync with the audio. So it seems the people dance to the music.

I got the workflow to create such loops using a new project and using the loop function in the preview editor. Then placed that loop like 20 times in the timeline and exported it to Rendered movies as a new video clip. This is to work around the problem there is no glue function yet.
Then imported this rendered clip in the main project and used the time function to adjust to the music speed.
2 problems:
- seems I cant fine edit the time parameter, it snaps to certain values. Can only approximate which does not work too well. It gets close, and I know I could rerender the clip to get better approximations. But it is brutal trial and error, not fun and does not get me a perfect sync.
- ideally I could timestretch the clip to a marker. I know I can set markers by tapping the marker button to the beat of the music.

Probably there are other and better ways to do it. I know the BPM of the music, so I could calculate how long the clip had to be in seconds to sync. Maybe there is a way to timestretch to a specific length in seconds?
Maybe somebody can recommend another iOS App for this? I tried a few, nothing really worked so far.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry again if I missed existing threads about this, very happy to get a link.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No you can’t really do that but I had a bit of a play and maybe something like this might help a bit.

- make sure you are in overwrite mode not insert mode.
- move the video clip that you want to adjust the speed of up on to a higher track
- open your speed clip in the clip editor and adjust it to a very slow speed
- go back to the timeline and move the cursor to the start of the following clip using the forward/back buttons
- re-open yourclip in the clip editor
(the cursor/play head should appear at the same time point as in the timeline. This is the target length for your clip)
- now adjust the speed faster in trial steps until it finishes as near as possible to where the cursor is
- use the undo button if necessary!

Here’s a demo of sorts https://share.icloud.com/photos/09F3cG4 ... waXBrlm0Vw

OK you can’t get it exactly and it’s a bit messy at the end but I wonder if this would be a bit easier all the same.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:22 am 

Mark, yeah this does speed up a lot, thanks for the tutorial vid. Cool. Still learning LumaFusion, there are some basics I have not mastered yet.
I will keep looking for a small iOS app that might do it automatically, when I find something, I will post it here.
Your trick already helps a lot, will make it hard to get a faster workflow with another App :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Very pleased it helped you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Mark