Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi,

So I’ve been trying out this app the last week or so, and I have another problem. My downloaded media in files in lumafusion is now taking up 12 gb. And there seem to be no way to delete it. The clips are not used in any project, just lying there downloaded taking up space. Any help would be great. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

I have tried everything. Deleted all projects, cleared everything in the cleanup meny, tried pressing, longpressing, swiping, screaming at the ipad. Nothing works. Those clips just sitting there eating up 12 gb. Do I have to uninstall this app?

Attachments:
9906529A-255C-4589-BDAC-70E12C2B231E.png
9906529A-255C-4589-BDAC-70E12C2B231E.png [ 373.93 KiB | Viewed 948 times ]
5FE88509-F8C6-4836-88D2-8450CB93A69F.jpeg
5FE88509-F8C6-4836-88D2-8450CB93A69F.jpeg [ 109.81 KiB | Viewed 948 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

Delete them from the Files app LumaFusion folders. Files will move them to its Recently Deleted folder where they will be retained for a while just in case. To completely get rid of them delete them in that folder too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

OMG, thank you so much! That worked, although they where a bit hard to find.
Why on earth can’t you delete them from within the app?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:26 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well I think it’s because they are held in Apple’s Files which is good because they are accessible from outside any app. But like in the Photos app anything deleted isn’t really deleted just in case you did it by mistake. It goes into a Recently Deleted folder which still uses memory. Mind you iOS will delete them permanently if memory does get low.

Anyway LumaFusion probably has no control over this system. Generally you don’t need to worry about memory use numbers unless your device is full. Unfortunately video can easily fill things up.

Another issue I always mention is that Files is also backed up in iCloud backups and all those deleted files will get backed up too. I’ve learnt the hard way that you just have to bite the bullet and buy way more device memory and also iCloud storage than you need. This helps Apple make money too :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Mark, your info is correct

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 am 
Novice
Novice

Thank you for the info!
It feels like the app copying the footage from from my thumbdrive is a huge waste, no?
Would rather see it being used from its original location like desktop editors. Perhaps it’s an iOS thing.
I cut fan season trailers together from full episodes of full seasons of tv shows. That means about 30gb of footage. I can’t have duplicate copies of that :/

My workflow now becomes:
- Files on thumb drive.
- trim out short clips with ios quick view in files app and save as new clips.
- import short clips to lumafusion.
- go mad because it’s a destructive workflow.

I thought the point with relinking missing media etc was so because the media was external from the app. If the app just copies everything, then what’s the point of that function?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

... it's an iOS thing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
... it's an iOS thing
Damn, that was what I was worried about.
How is it working with the photos app. Will it still make a copy from all of those? And if I trim a movie in photos app, will it copy that trimmed part or the full thing? (Since photos allow you to change or revert the trim it is still a full movie.)

I can pay for whatever cloud storage I need to I guess, I can buy any networkdrive etc, but I can’t extend my 64 gb iPad pro. So any solution, workaround or tips are very appreciated.