Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did something change to make it so i can no longer manual scrub over the timeline to set keyframes? Now when i drag over the timeline in edit mode it just goes to the frame based on its position in the timeline. Doing detail and frame level edits by dragging is pretty near impossible this way, especially if the clip is long.

Am i doing something wrong here? Is there a setting to turn back on the old way?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
i can no longer manual scrub over the timeline to set keyframes?
Sorry if I’m confused but I’m not sure what you mean here. I may be wrong but in the Clip editor didn't you always have to tap the add keyframe button to set the first keyframe (unless you have chosen a preset)? After the first key frame has been set changing a setting at any new point on the time bar will also automatically add a key frame.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry, that was probably not the best way to put it. What i mean is that as it seems now, i cannot side scroll the playhead at a slower frame rate. This allowed for granular edits to move the playhead to place keyframes. Now the only option is like before when you touch and it jumps to that position in the timeline. This it totally unusable for long clips.

So the problem is the scrubbing/scrolling behavior for moving the playhead in a detailed slower frame movement seems to just have been removed.

I can try to reword it again if that isn't describing it well enough.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:47 am 
Expert
Expert

I see now thanks. You know you can use the (inner) single frame forward/back buttons and if you long press on one of these it steps through frame by frame?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, i am aware of that. But that is much much slower to edit with. I'm putting in hundreds of keyframes on multiple video layers in multiple effects and now i'm concerned that it will be too difficult to work with at all. Hitting the button to move frames takes a long time if you are making hundreds of keyframe edits.

This effectively makes using LumaFusion far more difficult. I'm trying to determine if it's a bug or some change i don't understand. I don't know why they would have changed it to behave like this on purpose. Not being able to scrub the timeline at the frame level makes the selections much harder. And a technique i was using is to do a longer scrub across (with the smaller method) to place repeated keyframes with the values changing, now the level of precision is completely gone.

This isn't a small issue. It really makes pedaled editing much more difficult.

Glen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:31 pm 
Expert
Expert

Maybe Dave knows more about this. I can see it’s a problem for you. Or send a query to Luma support? They will know exactly what changes were made.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I sent an email... So we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:10 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just thought of a solution. There have been requests to allow more granular editing of things like audio waveforms in the editing window… Allowing us to zoom in on the timeline in editing mode would allow granular editing of everything.

Still not at all understanding why such a great editing feature was removed, but if zooming was added it would bring the feature back and solve another problem at the same time!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

So apparently the function has changed to holding down the playhead and then swiping left or right. It's similar to the new way it is done in the main timeline (which i like). I am not however convinced this is a good way to do it in editing mode as it will add a lot of time that a simple quick swipe would give me previously. That said i am keeping an open mind and will try it out on my next project to see how it goes. It will allow for better fine adjustments, just not sure how quickly i'll be able to drop keyframe markers this way when applying hundreds of them.

We'll see!