Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi, I’m trying to restore my lost projects from files. When imported into luma fusion, projects will read ‘media is missing’. Media was showing on my iPad but stored in iCloud. I have downloaded the missing media from iCloud and it is on my iPad but Lumafusion still does not recognise. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What happens if you drag one of the 're downloaded' files to the timeline?

Also your title says you've lost work... Again, what is your workflow for saving/deleting/restoring projects and media?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
What happens if you drag one of the 're downloaded' files to the timeline?

Also your title says you've lost work... Again, what is your workflow for saving/deleting/restoring projects and media?
Ha a Dave, exactly as said above, it shows tracks in red, and prompts to download missing media. Which I have done, but LumaFusion still displays same message, ‘import missing media’. My media is saved on my device and iCloud.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This isn't a facetious question

Although your files are in iCloud, have they been removed and put back by anything other than LumaFusion?

If for example you've deleted them from iCloud to make some space, done some other stuff, deleted that and then brought them back into iCloud, although they are back in iCloud and you can see them etc etc IOS will have given them a different filename internally and that's why LF knows it needs them but can't see them

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:42 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

Although your files are in iCloud, have they been removed and put back by anything other than LumaFusion?

If for example you've deleted them from iCloud to make some space, done some other stuff, deleted that and then brought them back into iCloud, although they are back in iCloud and you can see them etc etc IOS will have given them a different filename internally and that's why LF knows it needs them but can't see them
Thanks Dave, I understand. Sadly no. I thought it was maybe because they weren’t on my iPad, but in cloud. I have downloaded the file by entering edit in photos that triggers the download then once downloaded, pressed cancel edit to exit edit mode. The file is then physically in my phots on my device. Didn’t work

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

Apologies for delay in replying, I don’t get notifications, just off to try and sort that out😊

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Doug

Have you tried 'Consolidate and Optimize' from the project screen?