Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:39 am 

Hi guys,

I’m editing a short film and have some unwanted background car noise in many of the videos, since we shot outside.

Is there anything I can do within LumaFusion to reduce the noise of the cars, while bumping up the dialogue?

If not, is there another app you would recommend for editing the audio and importing back into LumaFusion?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:44 am 
Expert
Expert

In no expert with this but have occasionally had success with the band pass filter. You need to play around with the settings. If the dialogue and noise have the same frequency you’re stumped though. I’d play with all the other filters as well but really don’t know anything about it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:18 pm 
Adept
Adept

The kind of noise reduction you’re looking for is really sophisticated technology — it took decades before Adobe added it to their suite in Audition. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of anything on iOS that can do the same kind of noise reduction. As Mark NZL said, you can get some of it by playing with some of the filters inside LF — I tend to go for the EQ tool and notch out the frequencies around the undesired noise, but it’s easy to muffle the dialogue, so you have to be really careful. Obviously, my preference is to tightly mic the actors and turn off potentially distracting background noise when filming, but sometimes you just have to do some post-production cleanup. For that, I will export the audio to Adobe Audition on my Mac.