Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:25 am 

Have the latest 12.9 inch iPad Pro. Up to now my workflow for my videos has been to film on an Insta360 One X, pull the SD Card and copy files to my Windows Desktop, stitch the files on my desktop to create “flat” 5760x2880 mp4s, pull those into Shotcut to edit into a single final video (so usually 5 - 10 videos of about an hour total length edited down to about 20 minutes of final video), spend 4 hours letting that render on my Windows Desktop (Core i9, 16 gigs ram, dual pass), and then injecting the 360 metadata back into the final file before uploading to be viewed.

Rather than that, I would like to take the stitched files to my iPad Pro, work with them there, and then send back to my PC for the final render.

One thought was to get Premiere on my PC (I have a cc membership because I’ve used Lightroom quite a bit), and then Premiere Rush on the iPad and sync up.

But I’ve read so many good things about Lumafusion I was wondering if there was a way to edit with it on the iPad and send the project to something on the PC to render? Does such a thing exist? Is it possible that Lumafusion is more efficient than what I’ve been using and rendering on the iPad would be no longer than on the PC?

Would love any advice so I know if I want to get an external drive for my current iPad and save some money for the next iPad Pro refresh, or if I need to get a bigger bag and resign myself to carrying an 8 pound laptop again...

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi EwanRGR

Welcome to the forum

Despite being 'The Grand Master' :D :D I don't know :oops: :oops: but this thread should help (see the second post)

viewtopic.php?t=6004

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:12 pm 

Quote:
Despite being 'The Grand Master' :D :D I don't know :oops: :oops: but this thread should help (see the second post)

viewtopic.php?t=6004
Unfortunately that thread talks about the precursor to my camera (the One vs the One X) which did not shoot at as high a resolution. Which is one of my concerns since the LumaFusion FAQ seems to suggest there is a 4k resolution limit. Perhaps there's another thread you could recommend that talks more in depth about that?

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Oops ( see ... Grand Master .... ha ha :oops: )

I pretty sure you’re right about the 4K limit (don’t know if anything changes with iOS 13)

I would advise you to contact support directly for this one

support@luma-touch.com.

But can you let us know the answer please