Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hello, I’m a new user to the forum but have been using Lumafusion for over a year now so not necessarily a ‘new’ user!

I have a couple of questions regarding the project formats and export options.

Firstly, the easy one. Why oh why don’t Apple allow ProRes on iOS yet? But in the meantime, why are we restricted to compressed formats as export? I’d love to be able to export uncompressed files such as a tiff or dpx sequence as an export option, or maybe exr? I know these are large files but with the onset of iPadOS, managing these files will be so much easier? I love to work on elements when I am out of the office on LumaFusion and then be able to pull those into my other system at full resolution but currently Im only limited to H264 or H265! Ugh....

Secondly, the project preset formats don’t seem to be correct? I mostly work on feature film projects and the three main resolutions are 1998x1080, 2048x858 and 2040x1080. You have a preset for 2k 1.85 but it is set to 2048x1106 which is the correct ratio but the wrong pixel size. Same for 2.39 You have 2k 2.39 set to 2048x856 when it should be 858 and your 1.90 format you have as 2048x1078 when it should be 2048x1080?

Maybe there is a reason for the pixel differences you have set up as presets or the way that LumaFusion works, would be great to hear why that is the case?

Great software though and with the power of the iPad Pro it really can fly, I now just want to utilise it more for work as well as personal projects!