Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:57 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 am 

I know the clip edit controls are great in LumaFusion and offer great depth. But very often I REALLY wish there was a simple Cool->Warm slider to adjust color temp of a clip. Maybe I’m doing it wrong but with the current color sliders in LumaFusion I can never get it to look how I want if I only just had a cool-warm slider. Currently if a clip is too warm, I lower the top slider from red more to blue... but now it’s too green! Then I adjust the green and now it’s too purple and it’s this endless process of going back and forth for an hour and still not ending up with anything I’m happy with. Something that would take me 5 seconds with a simple color temp slider. Can someone offer some advice? If I can figure out this issue it will make my Luma fusion experience truly perfect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm 
Expert
Expert

Does the warm-up preset help? It doesn’t touch the green channel. If you think of the ROYGBIV spectrum you probably don’t want to touch the middle colours but seesaw the ends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm 

Quote:
Does the warm-up preset help? It doesn’t touch the green channel. If you think of the ROYGBIV spectrum you probably don’t want to touch the middle colours but seesaw the ends.
i mainly am looking to COOL my videos haha. by seesawing ends you mean just adjust the red and the blue sliders? (which also contain yellow and aqua blue)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm 
Expert
Expert

Sorry. Feel free to be more cool :D
The Cool-it preset is a bit strong i think but reducing the gamma seems to help. You can also reduce the red and blue adjustment amounts and save as your own custom preset. Colour mapping is not very intuitive but generally it’s best to leave the green slider alone in normal lighting because the eye is most sensitive to green light. (Also anyone reading this who is colourblind/deficient should probably avoid any adjustments on their own).
It would help if LumaFusion could have an auto white balance adjustment by tapping on a known white object

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think that white balance by tapping is on that long ‘to do’ list

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 am 

Quote:
Sorry. Feel free to be more cool :D
The Cool-it preset is a bit strong i think but reducing the gamma seems to help. You can also reduce the red and blue adjustment amounts and save as your own custom preset. Colour mapping is not very intuitive but generally it’s best to leave the green slider alone in normal lighting because the eye is most sensitive to green light. (Also anyone reading this who is colourblind/deficient should probably avoid any adjustments on their own).
It would help if LumaFusion could have an auto white balance adjustment by tapping on a known white object
thanks so much for your input. your ideas helped me understand the sliders better and i figured out what i was doing wrong with white balancing