Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Post subject: TAG COLOR CHANGE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:04 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi, LumaFolks —

I updated LF to 2.0.2 today and the rearrangement of buttons is a bit awkward, as I’d developed muscle memory for where they were before, but I can learn to adapt.

What I can’t seem to adapt to is the fact that you changed the colors of tagged clips, and in doing so replaced the colors I’d already tagged my clips with on the timeline and in the bin. The color of teal you’ve chosen to replace what used to be a deeper blue color (I think) makes it nearly impossible for me to discern the waveform display on the track on the timeline. I use the waveform displays to synchronize clips from multiple cameras and audio recordings from separate devices in editing. The new brightly colored tags look pretty, but they’re kind of useless now for synchronizing. As you can see in the attached screenshot, I tried re-tagging the clip in the bin and it does not update on the timeline.

This is an accessibility issue as well as a usability issue. I have a minor amount of colorblindness (as a sizable portion of people do), and this new color scheme makes it nearly impossible for me to continue working on projects in progress. I can re-tag my clips, but they don’t update in the timeline, so I have to go in and replace them all on the timeline. Not cool.

Please restore the original colors for tags as soon as humanly possible. Better yet, give us the ability to select our own tag colors, as opposed to limiting us to six colors you all seem to think work. Best bet would be to let us select the six colors we can chose from. And it would be incredibly useful if a user re-tags a clip in the bin for the colors to propagate to the timeline.

Thanks,
Dex

Attachments:
074B68FF-CDF4-43CB-8FC9-9D08FA221CB9.jpeg
074B68FF-CDF4-43CB-8FC9-9D08FA221CB9.jpeg [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 81 times ]

Post subject: Re: TAG COLOR CHANGE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:10 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can re-colour tag clips on the timeline by selecting the clip, pressing the info button twice (to get to the detailed info), then you should see the colours and be able to change them.

Once they are on the timeline, you have to change the colours on the timeline clip (changing it on the Library only changes the library clip).

Post subject: Re: TAG COLOR CHANGE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:36 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi, Bill —

Thanks for that tip, though I was aware of the ability to change the color of a clip on the timeline. That’s not really the problem, though. I have dozens if not hundreds of instances of a particular clip on the timeline; without being able to select multiple clips on the timeline or without being able to change the master tag of the clip and having that change propagate to the timeline, I’ll have to go through the tap clip on timeline>tap info button>tap ellipsis button>tap new color process for each of the instances on the timeline, which will take a really long time.

I’m not asking what’s possible now; I’m asking for it to be made possible, or for the color to be restored to what it was before 2.0.2. ...And I’m asking for the ability to assign our own colors to tags. Because of the contrast issue, I can’t use either the new teal color or the yellow color — I’d love to be able to create my own darker colors for tags so I can still easily scan a timeline and see which source a particular clip is from, but also easily see the audio waveforms.

- Dex