Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 am 
Adept
Adept

I have the WD MyCloud Home server installed at home. With LumaFusion 2.0, I see that I can now save renders and projects to a network drive. So far I am not having any luck. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial or a resource to help figure this out?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did LF ask you to login to the WD (username password)? That's what I had to do with my Synology NAS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:33 am 
Adept
Adept

Yes, and I entered my email (which seems to be my user name) and the password I picked, but that is as far as I get. WD is a sort of Apple wannabe. They are trying to hold your hand to the point where it is difficult to get anything done.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mmmm gotta be honest, I thought that's all you'd have to do (Not got a MyCloud)

Is that what you have to enter when you log in from a PC or Mac?

Do you know they are Administrator username and password? Might be a 'permissions' thing

I'm hoping someone else can chip in here !!

On my Synology I use the administrator login - I have my 'guest' permissions to 'read only'

I have a WD MyPassport (not quite the same as MyCloud) and I've just checked - I can see that with the admin username and password

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:18 pm 

Hi, new to this forum and the LumaFusion application.

I am sharing my experience with WD network drives as it might be able to help others.

I have a couple of WD “cloud” drives , a mycloud and a mybook types, quite old versions now, but at least the mycloud is still supported with firmware updates. I have had mixed success in connecting to and importing media/archives from either of them. What I have found is that the most consistent way I manage my media on these drives is to “map” (add them using the add network drives option within LumaFusion).

This almost always shows my media when browsing to the drives; using the WD option either lists my drives and folders but doesn’t show media or doesn’t allow me to connect even after providing the correct credentials. I have removed accounts as suggested in the help section, but it did not help. One of the drives is an old mybook type and my view is that it doesn’t support later SMB versions.

For now, when I want to import media or restore an archive I always use the network option which works fine.

Hope this may be of some use.

Glenn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Glenn

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the suggestions.