Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a little one minute video I’m working on and decided to do it in FCP as it was a very easy video - three clips and I thought FCP will offer me more as I wanted a bit of speed ramping and wanted to apply a LUT and maybe a stutter edit. Holy shit - I was there for five hours and getting nowhere fast and decided to export it and import it into Lumafusion. Wow - ten times longer to render in FCPX, plus all the headaches and questions just to get exported properly and I’m still not sure if I did everything properly.
Once it was in Lumafusion it was all done and dusted in less than an hour!
I’m a novice with both of these programs and always was amazed at how easy things are in Lumafusion. It wasn’t until last night that I realized how truly fantastic this program is, how intuitive and fast it is to work in and the rendering time - wow!!!

Now to my question....I know I’m doing something stupid but my little suitcase for editing has disappeared somewhere - I dug around for ages and still can’t find it? Anybody care to give me suggestions? I tried loading all the different real estate configurations but nothing.
I know it’s not a bug - it’s simply stupid me.
Oh, I’m still on 1.7 by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Tap a clip to select it and your suitcase will reappear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

Gee Dave. There I was looking up the manual to see what it was called (clip tools panel) and try to jog my memory as to whether it disappeared when no clip was selected. And you’ve already answered. Shouldn’t you be asleep?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:32 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I already know that by tapping on a clip clip will bring my tools up Dave, just confused that the actual briefcase icon itself is not to be found - of course, this doesn’t stop me editing, it’s just strange that this icon isn’t showing up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tommyt

I misunderstood you. My answer was for 1.7.x of the app

With v2.x.x there is no briefcase

With the redesign of the user interface when you tap a clip your tools will appear at the bottom of your iThing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dave....that’s what’s confusing me - I’m still on 1.7 but not seeing the icon as I used to despite clicking on a clip. The tools will already be laid out at the bottom of the screen but that brief case did a vanishing act.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Oops ... you said you were on 1.7 :oops: :oops:

Sorry, I don’t have 1.7 on either of my devices now. I know you’ve tried different layouts .. how about orientation?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m a creature of habit Dave - never want to risk being more confused than I always am (hehe), so, from day one my layout and my orientation never changed - I’m still straight!