Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm 

Now that iPadOS offers better file manager options, it would be absolutely incredible if Luma could be updated to work natively with files on an external drive. i.e. without the need for copying them to the device first. Currently storage is the biggest limitation of Luma and it would be amazing to have this limitation lifted!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 pm 

Well, after browsing this forum for a few days, I just registered a new account to ask about this same feature.

I just bought an iPad Pro (256gb) and Luma Fusion to try my hand at video editing on an iPad. I would have never bought the iPad if not for the newly announced external drive support in iPadOS and the existence of this amazing app. I'm super excited to give it a try!

At the moment, I'm debating exchanging my iPad for a 512gb model due to the amount of video I would like to pull in. Not only are my files large, but it also appears that Luma is creating a local copy of the files in some (or all?) cases, which further reduces my potential storage.

For the price difference of upgrading to 512gb, I could put the money instead into a much larger portable external drive.

My only question is if I'll be able to work in Luma Fusion entirely from that external drive in the not-too-distant future (media storage, project files, etc.).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:30 pm 

I sent a feature request to their customer support. This was their response.
Quote:
Hello

yes, it would be good. As technology keeps developing, we look at all the possibilities that it might provide.

regards
So....I guess they're working on it? The big question is whether or not Apple has put some stupid restriction in place to prevent them from allowing things to work this way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:52 am 
Novice
Novice

i hope the same thing too...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 am 

According to this article on Forbes, this feature is coming. They don't cite a source.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/201 ... re-update/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:50 am 

I sure hope it's in the works!

The iPad pro, which seems to be geared heavily towards digital media artists, is seriously limited by its storage capacity and price per GB. Even the 1tb offering, which is out of my price range, would be undersized for my needs.

iPadOS finally puts my dreams in reach. I'm hopeful a Luma update will be right around the corner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:56 am 
Novice
Novice

ii just wonder what will be the impact in speed of editing... how many layers and effects can we have with external ssd disk ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

Quote:
ii just wonder what will be the impact in speed of editing... how many layers and effects can we have with external ssd disk ?
Internal iPad Storage speed:

Write 320 MB/s
Read 1221 MB/s

Write speeds aren't all that impressive, but read is good. You could get a Samsung X5 NVMe which will read/write at like 2800 MB/s. In theory you could do MORE, FASTER with external storage.

I edit in Premiere/Resolve frequently off of a much less expensive SSD that does about 500 MB/s read/write. Honestly that would probably still do great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

its not the same here in ipad... read speed is about 150 MB/sec viaa usb c in ipad 11 2018 .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:18 am 

I’ve just bought a 64gb iPad Pro 10.5 and have been thinking of buying a larger capacity model.this would save me so much ££££ and hassle. I watched a Q&A Youtube video about LumaFusion 2.0, they mentioned Lumafusion are looking into this.....