Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 pm 

I’m looking to optimize my workflow and to work EXCLUSIVELY on iOS for my video work, transitioning from OSX.

Software I’m intending to use on my 12.9” current gen iPad Pro:

VideoGrade, LumaFusion, LumaFX, iMovie

I’m planning to shoot with the following software on an iPhone XS Max:

Moment app, Movi app (both stock and beta), Filmic Pro app

I’m using Xoom H5 and H1 to record my audio.

So my question: Are the following file inputs going to be my best foundation for working in LumaFusion?

Audio: 48kHz 24bit WAV
Video: 4K desqueezed anamorphic at 24fps (3840x1623 resultant resolution)

If I’d be better suited to modify my capture, I’d sure like to know that before I have a lot to process!! :)

Thanks for your help and insights!

-Verxion

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Verxion

At the moment the highest resolution outputs are 3k 3264x1836 and 4k 3840x2160

That's the only thing that may affect your workflow/output/intentions otherwise all fine

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 am 

Thank you knobbydave!

Well, it isn’t LumaFusion’s fault (at ALL!), but I’ve almost immediately hit a substantial roadblock with my plan. I’ve got my audio on SD card (recorded on Zoom H1n and H5 Handy Recorders), but no way to get that into my iPhone or iPad... SERIOUSLY, Apple needs to let up on blocking our general USB access.

I’ll have to see what options I can find. I saw some old threads here with little SD/Micro SD card readers that had sketchy iOS apps to access audio files. Even saw one report of renaming files to be *.CR2 so that the iOS import was allowed to take place. Wow.

Hopefully there is something better. I looked at the WiFi SD cards and also at the WiFi battery/hard disk/router solutions. I’m hoping for something much more basic to tide me over until WWDC when I’m HOPING Apple finally opens up USB with the next version of iOS...

-Verxion

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:

Well, it isn’t LumaFusion’s fault (at ALL!), but I’ve almost immediately hit a substantial roadblock with my plan. I’ve got my audio on SD card (recorded on Zoom H1n and H5 Handy Recorders), but no way to get that into my iPhone or iPad... SERIOUSLY, Apple needs to let up on blocking our general USB access.
Use this type of interface, and you can import you audio directly to LumaFusion

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07CXL ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Use this type of interface, and you can import you audio directly to LumaFusion

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07CXL ... UTF8&psc=1
Thank you, I see those kinds of hardware all over on North American Amazon site, but what app do you use on iOS to access it?

Thanks,

-Verxion

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

All hardware has a specific software
For my hardware it is iUSB Pro (free)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:11 pm 

This morning I ordered this, it was $20 on Amazon. Got it this evening, it works exactly how I needed. The hardware is tiny, the capabilities are greater than a simple SD card reader (it provides wireless access to drop files off and pick them up from all iOS devices, so I’ll probably eventually be able to push files from my iPhone, pick them up on my iPad, and end up with a backup on the SD card plugged into this device).

Here is the link - my apologies if it dies at some point, it feels like all the links I found on the internet eventually died: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZ ... UTF8&psc=1

For the record, the iOS app used to access the device is “HooToo TripMate Plus”. The hardware feels very solid and not sketchy, and the app, while definitely not an iOS native app, isn’t bad to use at all if you have a technical background. Currently, I’m able to use one of those recharable battery type things to power iPhone, iPad, and this HooToo device in the field, so it isn’t a problem that it requires power to run. I will try ordering one of the SD card reader type devices in the future, but ordered this one because I felt it had the best chances of working based on my internet research.

I was able to pull a WAV file directly off the SD card into LumaFusion without the file ever going anywhere else on my iPhone. Will continue to test and to report back.

-Verxion