Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:01 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 am 

Total Noob Question, so thank you for bearing with me!

I'm working on making montages from sports footage. I try to keep clips to 8m, to keep myself sane; I might get one or two pieces of 8-10s of usable footage every 8 minutes of game time and my device is very quickly becoming overwhelmed with raw clips... not only in terms of physical space but also in terms of a human's ability to manage!

What I'd like to do is manage my raw clips better and looking for friendly advice on the best way to do that!

Ideally, this is a season-long project that will produce one single 4-5m video at the end of the year and will take a hundred or more raw inputs of 8-10m each. It is so much easier to edit as you go instead of sitting down at the end and trying to pick through the ocean of raw data.

I gather that if I could add my clips to a master and then be able to delete the source video it would be a huge help! Or even edit down the pieces I want and just save the shorted clips to single folder? I've been getting results that are pretty awesome, but as the project goes along, I'm really starting to struggle.

TYSVM for your help!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:14 pm 

I've spent some time looking for my own answer...and figured I would share this solution for other people brand new to video:

https://www.howtogeek.com/234000/how-to ... e-or-ipad/

Simply use Photos app in iOS 12, open video, click edit, use handle bars to grab clip, click done, save as new clip... then organize in a folder. Simple, effective. Safely delete original.

I'm sure there are other ways... better ways, but this will work for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi GourmetGuy

Yep that's an ok way of doing it (some would say don't use photos - but if it works for you ...)

May even be easier in ios13 !?! there's hints of changes to the folders app

(version 2.0 of LF should help too)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:19 pm 

Quote:
Hi GourmetGuy

Yep that's an ok way of doing it (some would say don't use photos - but if it works for you ...)

May even be easier in ios13 !?! there's hints of changes to the folders app

(version 2.0 of LF should help too)
Thank you so very much for getting back to me!

1. Can you please share why not to use photos?

2. Can you please share what method you might use?

I started testing this already and it certainly saves space... but the folder options inside photos are pretty weak and still leave my main folder pretty cluttered... but once I add the clip to a folder, the original media and its space-hogging is solved.... But it's still pretty soft on organization, so I'm guessing there is still a better way.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi GourmetGuy

No, that is the way I would do it, the same way as you

But some people do not like using photos because of the speed and data usage etc

You could use a Gnarbox, WD, iExpand or other drive too