Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:32 am 
Novice
Novice

In many cases, the share sheet offers the option to "Copy To LumaFusion" as well as "Share To LumaFusion". What is the difference? I don't see anything differentiating them in the manual.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Zarkov

Can you be a bit more specific - maybe a screen grab?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

Here's the Sharesheet accessed from FILMIC PRO (top) and one from the sharesheet of Emulsio (bottom).

A bit confusing. I'm experimenting to see what works best. Thus far, Copy seems to work best, if it's available.

Last edited by Zarkov on Sat May 04, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Zarkov - I will have a play with Filmic tomorrow if I get chance unless someone else beats me to it ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am 
Novice
Novice

I did a lot of experimenting. Here's what I found:

* You can’t send a clip taken in the native iPhone camera app to LumaFusion on the iPad or iPhone without it going into the Photos app and being uploaded to the cloud. If you don’t have good WiFi available, this can be problematic. FiLMiC PRO saves to its own folder on the iOS device by default, so you can use the sharesheet to Open In LumaFusion, and it places the clip in Imported-FiLMiC PRO within LumaFusion.
* If instead you are in FilMiC Pro on an iPhone and select Share with LumaFusion to the same device, it copies to the folder Imported-Shared. Makes sense, but I like it ending up in a FiLMiC PRO folder instead.
* You can send an Archive from LumaFusion on the iPhone to LumaFusion on the iPad via AirDrop with the Copy to LumaFusion command.
* So, if you take a video in FiLMiC PRO, optionally you can copy it to Emulsio to stabilize, then Share to LumaFusion, then add the clip to a timeline, you can send it to LumaFusion on the iPad as an archive and edit it there.

BTW, if your workflow uses Emulsio for stabilization,
* If you are in FiLMiC PRO on an iPhone and use the sharesheet to Copy to Emulsio, it opens in Emulsio immediately.
* If you are in Emulsio and want to move the clip to LumaFusion, choose Share to LumaFusion and the clip appears in Imported-Shared folder.
* If you are in Emulsio and use the sharesheet to Copy to LumaFusion, the clip appears in Imported-moviestiller folder.

It may be that the easiest way to take clips on an iPhone and move them to an iPad without going through Photos is to use WD My Passport Wireless Pro or Gnarbox. Perhaps someone could discuss that workflow and compare the two.

Or maybe Apple will let us read and write to arbitrary external drives. Meanwhile, I’ll use a SanDisk iXpand to move clips from the iPhone to the iPad.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks for the detailed report Zarkov

I haven't had time to 'play' today :)