Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:15 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

One problem with LF workflows is that Apple wants to send movies taken on an iPhone to iCloud. So, if you take a video on an iPhone, it goes up to iCloud and back down again to an iPad, where it is edited. (Of course, one can do everything on the iPhone, but it's SO much easier on the iPad…). If you have slow internet, and capped to boot as I do, you have a problem. Even at 24fps, a single minute of 4K video is 135 MB, which at my lousy DSL (300kbps) is 7.5 minutes. And that doesn't count the download time to the iPad. If you try to use AirDrop to transfer the video to an iPad, it uploads to iCloud.

One solution is to use a SanDisk iXpand, which can record video directly to the iXpand. then you can sneaker net the file to an iPad. the problem here is that the iXpand can't handle anything bigger than 1080P.

Another approach is to use FILMIC PRO, which among its other advantages stores the video in its own folder; not on iCloud. But again, if you try to transfer the video to an iPad via AirDrop, the iPhone uploads it to iCloud.

So what I've been doing is to use FILMIC PRO, create a project on the iPhone, archive it, and then use AirDrop to send the archive to LF on the iPad. That works, but I'd prefer to just send the clips and assemble the video on the iPad.

Does anyone have a better workflow for someone who doesn't want to go through iCloud (or indeed any cloud service)?