Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Post subject: Making a Timelaspe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:56 am 

Wondering what apps you use as an ipad workflow. I am traveling and not bringing a computer.

I shoot RAW time-lapse stills on a Hero 7. I import the stills to my ipad and edit them in Lightroom so I can get the best image quality from the images. But then what?

What app or apps can I use on my ipad to create a timelapse from the edited stills?

I'm using LumaFusion to edit video but I need the make the stills into a video before I put it in lumafusion.

Any help or insites is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
G0010970.jpg
G0010970.jpg [ 2.65 MiB | Viewed 609 times ]

Post subject: Re: Making a Timelaspe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

Interestingly, there are lots of Video to Stills apps, but few Stills to Video apps. I saw some on the iPad, but reviews were horrible. However, I saw GIF Maker in the iOS App Store, which might do what you need (after all, there's no audio in a time lapse sequence!). At least GIF Maker had good review and is a Freemium app. Then you'd need to use a GIF to Video converter, but there are a couple of those in the iOS store. Unfortunately, I haven't tried any of these. I just wanted to help so you can use the magnificent LumaFusion app.

If this works, post the result somewhere and add the link to this thread! Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

Couldn’t you just use LumaFusion to do this? You could set the default length of the photo’s you add to the timeline to 1 frame (or however many frames you prefer). This can be done in the Global Settings. Then you just have to drag and drop all of the photos to the timeline (30/24 photo’s would be 1 second depending your video frame rate). Just make sure the photos are added in the correct order:)

Then you could export the time laps and import the finished video into another LF project.

I don’t do many time lapses so maybe I’m missing something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Google and youtube are your friends :D :D :D

https://youtu.be/VJwfaQyOtgM

Attachments:
BFCE5C00-760A-4A9F-AC0C-8AAE3A0F2D9A.jpeg
BFCE5C00-760A-4A9F-AC0C-8AAE3A0F2D9A.jpeg [ 429.17 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:56 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Some good tips there

(I used Rene's way)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:51 am 

THANK YOU RENE!!!

I have spent days googling this workflow and haven't found anything but I never thought to try it in youtube.

This is actually the EXACT workflow I am looking for: Raw files -> Lightroom -> Lumafusion

This tutorial is long winded but it's perfect. This process is just going to take FOREVER with 200+ photos :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCM2Cj9-K2A