Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:24 am 

I was watching an “Art of Photography” vlog the other day and the vlogger was expounding on the virtues of LumaFusion. Having had some experience with FCP, Avid/Diva video way back when, iMovie and a few others I was intrigued at how easy to use, yet how powerful LF seemed to be. So I watched all 30 video tutorials and was sold on the app.

Yesterday I purchased it and began a wee test project with some simple photos and titles and everything has been running smoothly on my 2016 iPad Pro... just like I was told it would!

I had no problem accessing photos from several locations within Photos, including some shared albums by family members... and proceeded to put together my first LF movie.

Here’s the problem I encountered. I had not set the duration of the clips I was importing and was unknowingly using the 2 second default. I thought ‘no problem’ as I’ll simply highlight all the clips and change that to 4 seconds to syn with the soundtrack I had imported. Oops! I couldn’t find out how to change the clips duration use a batch routine. So, I re-viewed all 30 tutorials again figuring I had missed something... but still couldn’t find it. I have since gone through all 70+ photos and manually switched them to 4 seconds (I’m sure there must be a way to set a preset for this?)

I also had not specified any clip to clip transition before importing the photos and am hoping I can do this after the fact as well... in a batch mode if possible.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this before I go much further.

Btw... lovin’ LumaFusion... one of the easiest apps to get right into... ever... and surprisingly much quicker than some of the other video apps on my MBPro even. Kudos to Luma-Touch!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am 
Adept
Adept

No you can’t trim multiple clips or batch cut and paste etc. Sadly automation options are not yet a feature of LumaFusion which is a pity since most users on this forum seem to use dozens of clips.
At least with photos you could perhaps have set the default photo length to 4 secs and then started the project again. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm 

Quote:
No you can’t trim multiple clips or batch cut and paste etc. Sadly automation options are not yet a feature of LumaFusion which is a pity since most users on this forum seem to use dozens of clips.
At least with photos you could perhaps have set the default photo length to 4 secs and then started the project again. :(
Thanks for the reply Mark. Saves me looking for something I assumed would be in there.

Hmmm... time to head over to the wish list thread and put my dibs in for such a feature. Seems it would put this app way out in front of the competition.