Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:59 pm 
Novice
Novice

Been away for a while but I was wondering if any way of importing video directly into LF using the USB C port on the iPad Pro? I used to use the iExpand drive on my old iPad Pro but that has the old Lightning connector.
I don’t want to use WiFi as it’s far too slow for large files!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:28 pm 
Novice
Novice

You can import into the camera roll from pretty much any USB storage via USB C. You have to create a folder called DCIM/IMG0000 on the USB drive and place all the videos or pictures there first. When you connect it, it will import to the camera roll.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yeah but the problem there is that if you import a 10gb video file into the camera roll, it will keep uploading to your iCloud storage for 2 weeks and stop anyone else in the house from accessing the internet!!
By using a device that LF ‘recognises’ like iExpand, you can sidestep this issue and import directly to LF, a much smarter solution all round!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:27 pm 
Novice
Novice

True, I don’t use iCloud so I didn’t think of that. You could turn off iCloud temporarily to import the video, then archive the project with the media. Then delete the 10GB file from your camera roll and re-enable iCloud. Now your 10GB file will be in your files app not the camera roll.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yup, tried that too but for some reason, deleting a large video file from the camera roll and then enabling Wi-Fi makes iOS keep trying to upload something that is no longer there. I’ve spoken to Apple support about this and they don’t recommend it for files this big. Only way to stop it tying to upload a missing file is Apple’s go to cure for everything, the full system restore.. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:48 am 

You are wrong, it is still there. To be sure it is no more there, go the album named Deleted item, and you will see it is still there ... This is used if you want to recover a deleted photo/video. Delete it from this album and iOs will not upload it anymore to iCloud.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:13 am 
Novice
Novice

Now that’s a brilliant idea!
Going to try that and get back to you.