Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:22 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:16 pm 

Hi,

I've bought the WD My Passport for it compatibility with Luma Fusion. I've added some videos, HD and 4k in multiple bitrates. All videos are freezing at the first seconds of playback from the drive, regardless of the resolution or bitrate, but the sound continuous.
I've followed those instructions from the WD site: https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/a ... 44&lang=en
I whould say I can rule out that the actual hard drive is broken, sine all videos are playing when connected to a Computer.

Did I missed something? Any suggestions?

BR
Dorian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dorian, do you have the Wd Wireless Pro version? If so it can connect via 2.4 or 5 ghz wireless. The latter should prevent buffering.
Are you saying that videos edited in Luma and saved to the WD do not play properly in other players?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Dorian

Also, is your iThing connected directly to the WD’s WiFi?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:13 am 

Quote:
Hi Dorian, do you have the Wd Wireless Pro version? If so it can connect via 2.4 or 5 ghz wireless. The latter should prevent buffering.
Are you saying that videos edited in Luma and saved to the WD do not play properly in other players?
Yes i have the pro Version, the one with the Hdd.
I deactivated the 2.4 ghz, like suggested by WD and only useing the 5 ghz.
No, sry for not being clear. Videos from other sources (cams, dslrs,exports etc) aren't working with Lumafusion when using the WD drive.
Quote:
Hi Dorian

Also, is your iThing connected directly to the WD’s WiFi?
Yes, directly to the 5 Ghz.

I did some testing yesterday: When playing back via the mycloud app the power consuption of the WD device goes up to 1A at 5V and no buffering. But when played back via Lumafusion it goes just up to 0.7A at 5V with this wired stoping after a few secs. Seams that it not utilizing all the resources when accessed by Lumafusion.
When back home I'll try to connect via ssh and hope for top to be there for more detail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 pm 

Ok, as far as I can tell its not a resource problem from the WD device. The CPU load is always below 100%, I acually thought that whould be the bottleneck.

Any suggestions? Should I reset the WD device or reinstall Lumafusion?
How does yours WD my Passport wireless perform in general and esspesally high bitrate 4k?

Attachments:
File comment: Load with Lumafusion
C818543F-2F13-45DB-88A2-34ADFD926228.png
C818543F-2F13-45DB-88A2-34ADFD926228.png [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 858 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm 

Exact same problem here! Streaming with WD app works flawlessly, direct import with Lumafusion stops after one second. Already tried to reset / reinstall WD device, My Cloud and Lumafusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Ok, as far as I can tell its not a resource problem from the WD device. The CPU load is always below 100%, I acually thought that whould be the bottleneck.
Whoa... may I ask how you got the CPU stats to load like that?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Exact same problem here! Streaming with WD app works flawlessly, direct import with Lumafusion stops after one second. Already tried to reset / reinstall WD device, My Cloud and Lumafusion.
I also resteted the WD my drive, with no succsess. I've read in this forum hat the Wireless Pro works for other users. Maybe this problem only occurs with certain combinations of devices. I'm using the iPad Pro 11 2018 und and the 4TB version.
Quote:
Quote:
Whoa... may I ask how you got the CPU stats to load like that?
On the web interface you can enable ssh for the wd drive. I use the terminus app to logon then i execute "top". Seams that both, the WD My cloud app and Luma fusion are using some REST-based like API, hence the httpd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:41 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I also resteted the WD my drive, with no succsess. I've read in this forum hat the Wireless Pro works for other users. Maybe this problem only occurs with certain combinations of devices. I'm using the iPad Pro 11 2018 und and the 4TB version.
I am using an iPad 9,7" (current model) and the 2TB version of the WD Wireless Pro. So no obvious similarity..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 am 

Update: Now I have found the time to test if the import via Lumafusion from my WD Wireless Pro works on my iPhone 7 (128GB). Results are exactly the same - so I think we can now rule out that this bug is limited to a certain combination of devices.