Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Does it crash at about 7 min of export with a long project?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey
No the last project export was ok went to 100% to rendered movies folder but as I said previously it may have crashed at a point similar to yours possibly at 7 min
I duplicated the project cleared cache etc so not sure if this helped or not

The Movie export for me does not work at all for these larger projects
It throws that non specific error at 100% always

This is despite doing basically everything to try to fix it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m having the same exact issue. It crashes on render at about the 3:30 mark (the exact frame varies). In addition to the steps you mentioned, I’ve tried rerendering the clip where it crashes. That didn’t help. I pulled that clip out so that all that was left was the music bed in that spot. It must be the music bed I thought. I rerendering the music. That didn’t help either. My project is about five minutes total. It always crashes approximately 3:30 in. This is on an 512GB iPad Pro with almost 400GB free. If I try exporting at lower resolution it crashes a little later into the project. Like you, I’m stuck. I’ve got weeks of work in this and all sorts of clips cluttering my memory. I can’t clear the deck and move on till I finish this.

What’s particularly frustrating is that this was supposed to be a Christmas gift.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I have let the developers know

(They are probably off for a day or two over Xmas/New Year)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We need to get some of these projects that won't export to our support so that we can figure out what is going on.

Please email support to get a support ticket number which will allow you to upload even large projects to our support server.

Please also make sure there is enough media available in your timeline for all of your transitions. We have found a problem there which we have a fix for. I'm not sure if this will cause an export problem, but it does cause a preview problem so either way please check this.

Lastly, has anyone tried Optimize and Consolidate or Consolidate only to overcome an export error?

Thanks!

Terri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m optimizing my problem project right now. It is taking awhile.

What exactly is optimizing? What is consolidating?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Please also make sure there is enough media available in your timeline for all of your transitions. We have found a problem there which we have a fix for. I'm not sure if this will cause an export problem, but it does cause a preview problem so either way please check this.
In my project, right around the point where it is crashing, I am using from the very beginning of the clip. It’s just a straight cut and it previews fine, but it might be related to the issue you are describing. I will try moving the in point a little into the clip to test this if it still fails after my consolidate and optimize is finished.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
r way please check this.
Lastly, has anyone tried Optimize and Consolidate or Consolidate only to overcome an export error?
“Optimize and Consolidate” worked! Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:15 pm 

OK, I'ma newbie, but I have seen other places in the forums where Consolidate and Optimize fixed a similar problem. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi all,

If you have a project that won't export, please contact us at support@luma-touch.com. We'll have you send the project if possible so we can see if we can reproduce. We don't have a clear issue here (I just exported a project that is 1 1/2 hours without issue), so we need to figure out the specifics that might be causing this. Thanks.