Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Relinking Missing Media
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:24 pm 

Hello...

Do the authors of LumaFusion plan to implement a relinking feature into LumaFusion?

Currently if a media file goes missing or loses its file path, I would like to choose the missing media and relink it to the timeline and have it keep all its original editing attributes.
Much like just about any desktop print publishing application can do these days.
(Replacing media into the timeline does not work as all the editing attributes are lost.)

Currently I do consolidate the project and media files into one place, but I would like further assurances against lost media.
Unless of course, there already exists a solution I am not aware of!

David

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you have deleted your media in photo, than you have 30 days to recovere the file
If you recovere the file from the album deleted then the media is back in LF with all attibute.
Hope this help...

Attachments:
6E5580FA-549A-4322-AAD5-4B67648F736D.jpeg
6E5580FA-549A-4322-AAD5-4B67648F736D.jpeg [ 237.39 KiB | Viewed 534 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:09 pm 

Hello Rpgvoyage

Thank you for your reply, but its not quite the answer I was looking for.

Another reason to relink would be to relink media files that has been been changed, i.e has had some stabilisation applied.

David

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If a file goes off the device entirely and then you bring in the same file from outside then cRApple gives it an entirely different file name when it comes in a second time

So a file called skyshot.jpg may be 2ft64fg.jpg internally the first time and hjv4tf.jpg the second time

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:16 am 

Hello Dave
Quote:
If a file goes off the device entirely and then you bring in the same file from outside then cRApple gives it an entirely different file name when it comes in a second time

So a file called skyshot.jpg may be 2ft64fg.jpg internally the first time and hjv4tf.jpg the second time
Exactly. This is why a relink feature would be invaluable. After all, all the publishing programs have it for their images. They go a step further too, and offer an update option if they detect that the image has changed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yeah, I agree, but nobody knows what the new filename is going to be or how it applies to the old one :oops: :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:02 pm 

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, but nobody knows what the new filename is going to be or how it applies to the old one :oops: :D
Yes that’s true, so manually choosing and relinking or updating the media would be the answer. I didn’t intend to mean that the media automatically is relinked or updated, if that is what you were thinking ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yep, that's what I thought you meant :D :D