Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 am 

Quote:
Hi, there may have been a miscommunication about this issue here at Luma Touch. This isn't a known issue. We have had a known issue with some FiLMiC clips reporting wrong frame rates, but that should be fixed in 1.7.4. I think what you're seeing here is something else. When you airdrop the clip to the iPad, it's going to store it in Photos and may be doing some type of conversion on the transfer. One thing you could try is to start a quick project on the iPhone in LumaFusion (making sure the frame rates are correct), then airdrop the Project Archive to the iPad which will open in LumaFusion and the frame rates should remain correct.

If you do have clips that are showing the wrong frame rate, and can send a link where we can download them to support@luma-touch.com, I'll take a look and see if I can determine why this happening.

Thanks.
Hi Chris,

So I did a quick test following your instructions. I made a new project adding both old and new clips shot at 4k 60fps on my iPhone 8 Plus, imported to LumaFusion via Filmic Pro (not ios Photo). Once imported, the clips are indeed still showing at 66.67fps, although a couple clip did came out right at 60fps but they were all shot in the same setting which is odd. As I mentioned, this frame issue didn’t happened in my iPhone before, but now I notice it every since I updated LumaFusion to 1.7.4, but that’s just my guess.

Next, I then airdropped the project archive to my iPad and the results are the same, the clips that were 66.67fps on my iPhone remained at 66.67fps. So this leads me to believe it is not necessarily the IOS Photo app that is causing this.

I will email this video to you for your reference, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:40 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quick update, it has something to do with the Camera Format setting and happens also Airdrop is not involved.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I’m using the stock camera in my iPhone X, which is set to 4K at 30fps and High Efficiency (hvc1).

I changed the Camera Format settings from High Efficiency to Most Compatible leaving the rest unchanged and all new videos were now identified as 30 FPS. Videos that previously show 31.58 FPS still show the incorrect value.

Then I changed the settings back to High Efficiency and filmed a video. This new video is identified as 31.58 FPS again. The video filmed when the format was changed to Most Compatible still shows as 30 FPS, even after removing it an adding it again.

I’m not sure if LumaFusion actually speeds up 31.58 FPS videos. It is just a 5% difference.

I hope this gets resolved soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:00 am 

Hello,

It's not limited to Filmic Pro footages, I have exactly the same issue with my drone. And it's independant from AirDrop. Nota: results have changed with the last revision 1.7.5 (previously 4K 30 was 31.58, now it's 29.97). Hereafter my tests:
Source --> LumaFusion
4K 24 FPS --> 23.98 FPS
4K 25 FPS --> 25 FPS
4K 30 FPS --> 29.97 FPS
1080p 24 FPS --> 24 FPS
1080p 25 FPS --> 26.09 FPS
1080p 30 FPS --> 30 FPS

Not sure it has really an impact on the movie, seems to be only a UI issue.
Hope this help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Juju

Welcome to the forum

The developers are aware of this, but thanks for the info it all helps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yep, same here. Project in 30fps, shows as 31.58 clip in 30 project.... help! i need to do 10 days of filming and editing!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are working on this issue for an upcoming update. Please note that it should not impact editing in any way, just the display of the frame rate in the info panel.