Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:32 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ok

Christmas is over! (at least for me :D :D )

I deleted LF and Filmic and reinstalled both

I am able to reproduce it with filmic and the 'normal' app on my XR

It may be a bug ... or there may be a reason ... I'm not a developer!

I will report it to the developers BUT .. they work hard for us all year and deserve some time off too so let's not expect an immediate reply/fix!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Everyone

thanks for all these comments on this topic. I'm doing some testing here and I'm getting the same results of odd FPS numbers. It's also not consistent. Definitely a bug in LumaFusion, we will be working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Androu

Compliments of the Season!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:31 am 

To add to this without offering a solution, today I had LumaFusion seeing and importing Filmic Pro 48FPS videos as 50FPS. An EXIF reader app see does the imported video as 48FPS (in the camera roll).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:27 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I'm seeing something similar on both my iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 2018. 4k 60FPS seems to be fine, however shooting 4K30 with either Filmic Pro or the standard camera app, will show as 31.58 FPS in LumaFusion. I'm not sure when this started happening. My Panasonic camera in 4k30 shows correctly at 30 FPS.
I had this same thing come up on a couple of the shots I imported from Storyblocks for a recent edit. I thought it was strange to get that frame-rate from stock footage import and now it appears it wasn't from them, their footage was at 30fps. So it's happened on the 'import' of that footage into my media in LumaFusion it appears.

Sounds like could be a bit of a glitch in Lumafusion import at certain frame rates?

Reg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, there may have been a miscommunication about this issue here at Luma Touch. This isn't a known issue. We have had a known issue with some FiLMiC clips reporting wrong frame rates, but that should be fixed in 1.7.4. I think what you're seeing here is something else. When you airdrop the clip to the iPad, it's going to store it in Photos and may be doing some type of conversion on the transfer. One thing you could try is to start a quick project on the iPhone in LumaFusion (making sure the frame rates are correct), then airdrop the Project Archive to the iPad which will open in LumaFusion and the frame rates should remain correct.

If you do have clips that are showing the wrong frame rate, and can send a link where we can download them to support@luma-touch.com, I'll take a look and see if I can determine why this happening.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:49 am 

My issue (31.58 FPS being reported on a 30 FPS timeline) is happening on the iPhone 8. It's filmed with in 4k30 with the standard iPhone photo app (and Filmic pro as well, the Moment app seems ok) and brought into LumaFusion on my iPhone (it's happening on the iPad as well after airdrop). But I'm pretty sure this isn't an airdrop/conversion issue. I'm on the latest version of IOS and LumaFusion.

I will try to send the clip this evening when I get home.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:10 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi, there may have been a miscommunication about this issue here at Luma Touch. This isn't a known issue. We have had a known issue with some FiLMiC clips reporting wrong frame rates, but that should be fixed in 1.7.4. I think what you're seeing here is something else. When you airdrop the clip to the iPad, it's going to store it in Photos and may be doing some type of conversion on the transfer. One thing you could try is to start a quick project on the iPhone in LumaFusion (making sure the frame rates are correct), then airdrop the Project Archive to the iPad which will open in LumaFusion and the frame rates should remain correct.

If you do have clips that are showing the wrong frame rate, and can send a link where we can download them to support@luma-touch.com, I'll take a look and see if I can determine why this happening.

Thanks.
I mentioned this in a previous reply but will show you here what I discovered on a couple of clips I used from Storyblock stock footage where in my time-line when I click on a clip and then info here's what I am getting:

Attachments:
File comment: The clips are both on same time in time-line, one above the other.
LumaFusion_Frame Grab_1.jpg
LumaFusion_Frame Grab_1.jpg [ 18.15 KiB | Viewed 493 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:33 pm 

I have just sent a sample 4k30 video to support@luma-touch.com that I filmed with my iPhone 8 standard camera app. DaVinci Resolve shows it at 30 FPS, LumaFusion shows 31.58 fps (both on my iPhone and iPad).

The video length seems to be the same so I think LumaFusion sees it as 30 FPS but shows it as 31.58 FPS.

Let me know if you need anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

I hope this helps.
I’m using the stock camera in my iPhone X, which is set to 4K at 30fps and High Efficiency (hvc1). I haven’t change the settings in the last year.
I’m getting 31.58 fps on every video filmed from November 16,2018, and the correct 30 fps for every video filmed before that.