Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:21 pm 
Adept
Adept

Still confident in buying the 2018 iPad Pro:

Apple Says Some 2018 iPad Pros Ship Bent, But It's Normal and Not a Defect

I thought their latest explanation was from a Saturday Night Live transcript. It was not. They seriously claim bending is normal and not a defect.

This is super bad.

Because if we take our new iPad Pro in for service and it is bent, Apple will instantly void the warranty.

This happened to me twice on other Apple products: bad logic board (claimed I spilled coffee) and version #1 butterfly keyboard (claimed I got food in it).

I am still (barely) an Apple fan... but I HATE the direction they have been going over the last decade.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:14 am 
Novice
Novice

Just want to add that I have a 2018 12.9 iPad Pro and it’s amazing. I also have the 10.5 2017 and that’s amazing too. I’ve not had any hardware issues with either of them and I would happily buy either again without hesitation. I don’t know just how widespread ‘bendgate’ is but no one I know has experienced it on any of their 12.9 machines.
It seems to all have started after some idiot released a video on YouTube a few weeks ago showing how easy it was to bend a 12.9” iPad. Well duh...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:08 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Just want to add that I have a 2018 12.9 iPad Pro and it’s amazing. I also have the 10.5 2017 and that’s amazing too. I’ve not had any hardware issues with either of them and I would happily buy either again without hesitation. I don’t know just how widespread ‘bendgate’ is but no one I know has experienced it on any of their 12.9 machines.
It seems to all have started after some idiot released a video on YouTube a few weeks ago showing how easy it was to bend a 12.9” iPad. Well duh...
MacWorld just updated the story...

The person who started this "iPad Pro Bendgate" issue just reported he was forced to pay $49.00 "fee" to get his tablet replaced. Plus, he was fortunate to have AppleCare+... without it, Apple would not have replaced it.

This is just insane.

Because Apple admits the iPad Pro bends - claiming this is normal:
https://www.extremetech.com/electronics ... its-normal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:52 pm 

I get it if I went to the Apple Store I would be put off if the new iPads were bent. I bought sight unseen. It was hearing about Lumafusion that made me pull the trigger on the hardware. Last year I never would of believed that a 1.5k plus iPad purchase would be made based on one app.

If I was in the apple store at purchase I would make them open up the iPad right there to make sure it wasn’t a bent model.

That said if I already had a 12.9 inch 2nd gen iPad Pro I would not of upgraded. But to me the screen size is a must for editing w/ lumafusion and feral day to day usage.