Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 pm 
Adept
Adept

I think Apple really screwed the pooch on their new iPad Pro.

Check out this discussion on MacRumors.

I post about this here on this forum, because I know a fair number of us are wondering if upgrading is worth it.

For me, this is a no-brainer decision. I will stick with my last-generation iPad Pro until Apple stops with their BS planned obsolescence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:31 pm 

I read the first and last page of that thread and honestly don’t understand what makes you say things like “planned obsolescence”.

To me it sounds like a guy with too much time on his hand and an axe to grind.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:50 am 
Novice
Novice

I know EXACTLY what you mean by planned obsolescence, and I don’t appreciate it either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:57 am 
Adept
Adept

Back in 1995, Steve Jobs in a famous interview described the situation with Apple, which is repeated now.

Steve Jobs interview: One-on-one in april of 1995
https://youtu.be/M6Oxl5dAnR0 (at 40:00)
«They cared about making a lot of money. So they had this wonderful thing that a lot of brilliant people made called the Macintosh and they got very greedy. And instead of following the original trajectory of the original vision -- which was to make this thing an appliance, to get this out there to as many people as possible -- they went for profits and they made outlandish profits for about four years. Apple was one of the most profitable companies in America for about four years.
What that cost them was the future.»

But this fact has not yet managed to significantly spoil the best products in the world. And the new tablet is undoubtedly the best available today, at least for me. But the fact that they are slipping into a greedy race for money is bad for everyone.

Last edited by lumaluke on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:41 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
I read the first and last page of that thread and honestly don’t understand what makes you say things like “planned obsolescence”.

To me it sounds like a guy with too much time on his hand and an axe to grind.
Sounds like you might wanna check out all these similar reports on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... pro+warped

When I tested out the new iPad Pro (12.9") at the Apple Store, I was STUNNED... STUNNED how cheap and flimsy it felt. It was like I was on Candid Camera (showing my age here) and getting "punked". It felt like a cheap, plastic toy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:19 am 

Actually, I’m not going to check out those videos. I haven’t checked out other “Antennagate”, “Bendgate”, “What have you gate” videos either.

I’m happy running an 2016 iPad 12.9” iPad Pro for a lot of my creative work, and there are two more iPads in the family (the else one is a second generation iPad).

If you don’t want to buy the new iPad, that is totally fine - even for Apple who at their last keynote specifically said, that they are really happy about consumers running old hardware - that’s why they are making their software run good on older devices.

But sure: motivated only by greed... if anything, I would suspect that they are motivated by engineering challenges.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 am 

Oh, one more thing. I will not buy the 2018 iPad Pro either.

The 2016 one works fine for what I need. I will re-evaluate when the 2019 iPad Pro comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:31 pm 

Flimsy? Cheap? Plastic?

None of these describe the 3rd gen 12.9 pro I have. Had it for 3 weeks now. It's made me so excited to create. Yes, Ive owned two other iPads, numerous MacBook pros, and iphones. I also use androids and PCs. This new ipad is one of the best tech products from anyone in a long time. Come to think about it reminds me of when I got my hands on the first generation MacBook pro, so exciting.

Will it bend? Maybe if I sit on it. But when I carry it around in the folio case with the apple pencil it feels heavy and high quality. And when I use it it feels like I am in the future especially using lumafusion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Flimsy? Cheap? Plastic?

None of these describe the 3rd gen 12.9 pro I have. Had it for 3 weeks now. It's made me so excited to create.
That is awesome that you are excited to use it. I think the 2017 iPad Pro is fabulous...

But:

I went back to 2 different Apple Stores. And guess what... every 12.9" unit was slightly bent!

And now, many people are reporting a white circle problem near the home button on the last gen:

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/12/19/ip ... ight-spot/

I stand by my thoughts about the new iPad Pro having a flimsy feeling (when compared to my 2017 units). It lacks the "gravitas" on its own. Sure, adding a cover will help. But this constant drive to make things thinner (and more recyclable) is cheapening the product (while the price zooms higher).

I am watching my once-favorite corporation race to the bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Flimsy? Cheap? Plastic?

None of these describe the 3rd gen 12.9 pro I have. Had it for 3 weeks now. It's made me so excited to create. Yes, Ive owned two other iPads, numerous MacBook pros, and iphones. I also use androids and PCs. This new ipad is one of the best tech products from anyone in a long time. Come to think about it reminds me of when I got my hands on the first generation MacBook pro, so exciting.

Will it bend? Maybe if I sit on it. But when I carry it around in the folio case with the apple pencil it feels heavy and high quality. And when I use it it feels like I am in the future especially using lumafusion.
Amen brother! I have the new 12.9" Ipad Pro (2018) and are very happy with it. I also have it in a cover, and I plan on NOT sitting on it, im not plan to BEND it either, but rather use it wisely and treat it with care, so it will last! This is the best techno purchase i have made for quite some time.