Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm 
Adept
Adept

I am testing a screen recording vid (with the built-in microphone set to on - did this with force touch).

When I watch it from within the Photos/Camera app, all is well. I see video and hear my voice.

But when I bring the clip into Luma, there is no sound.

Can anyone test this out?

I am using version 1.7.3.842

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

Took me ages to find the screen recording settings ... then how to switch the mic on :oops: :oops:

Recorded a short video using version 1.7.3.842

Plays video and sound from photos app

Import into LF - as you say - no sound

But...

Triple tap the video clip to detach the audio and the audio is there and plays - weird

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:32 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I discovered this myself when i did a screen recording usignert the inbuilt mic on the ipad. I found out the recorded videoclip actually had two audio tracks. So then i used a video conversion program on my laptop to make a new clip using the other audio track. Then i GOT the sound right when playing the videoclip and uploading IT to YouTube and so on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Triple tap the video clip to detach the audio and the audio is there and plays - weird
So would this be a bug or some sort of secret feature?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:03 pm 
Adept
Adept

I tested this just now. I talked into my iPad's built in microphone while I did a screen recording of a short music video. I then imported this screen recording into LumaFusion, detached the audio track (which was the audio from the music video). This left my voiceover recording in the video track. I was then able to balance the sound levels on the video track and the audio track so both were audible.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Attachments:
905B1FD7-8442-4570-B9A8-95CF7FCD7CE4.jpeg
905B1FD7-8442-4570-B9A8-95CF7FCD7CE4.jpeg [ 769.03 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:36 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
I tested this just now. I talked into my iPad's built in microphone while I did a screen recording of a short music video. I then imported this screen recording into LumaFusion, detached the audio track (which was the audio from the music video). This left my voiceover recording in the video track. I was then able to balance the sound levels on the video track and the audio track so both were audible.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee
But why do we need to take the extra step (triple tap) to hear the sound?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I have no idea whatsoever - it's not a feature I use

I have asked the developers if it is expected behaviour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi all,
When you use iOS screen recording with microphone recording, then two tracks of audio will be recorded in the screen recording file. In LumaFusion if you double-tap on the screen recording clip in the timeline and open the Audio tool, then open the 'Configuration' header, you'll be able to select which of the two tracks to playback (you can then duplicate/detach the audio into a second copy and select the other track - this way you'll be able to independently edit the voiceover and internal audio from the recording).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:41 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi all,
When you use iOS screen recording with microphone recording, then two tracks of audio will be recorded in the screen recording file. In LumaFusion if you double-tap on the screen recording clip in the timeline and open the Audio tool, then open the 'Configuration' header, you'll be able to select which of the two tracks to playback (you can then duplicate/detach the audio into a second copy and select the other track - this way you'll be able to independently edit the voiceover and internal audio from the recording).
Very...

Very...

Interesting (and possibly super cool).

I LOVE that I can isolate and screw around with the iPad audio AND microphone audio. It would be even better if Luma automatically created two separate "Configuration" headers - e.g. "Configuration (internal audio)" and "Configuration (external audio)".

But for now:

How do we duplicate the track in the "Configuration" header?

Also, I think a future version should turn this mixed channel audio on by default.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Chris