Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Cant add overlay titles?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am 

Hi first off, love the software.
The issue i am having appeard first after 1.7 and shows in the form of me not being able to add titles no more? When i click the ”+” and then ”add overlay title” button it simply does not add anything same goes for ”main title”. However if i go to titles in sources and drag a preset it adds without any issue, but this slows down workspeed so it is a bit annoying.

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

//Tim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tim

Welcome to the forum

Don't know what you're doing wrong :oops: I've just tried it on my iPhone XR and both methods worked as expected

I know it's obvious, but have you tried restarting your iThing? (not the app, the whole thing) - can't see it being that to be honest, but worth a try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 am 

Hm its a bit strange, I have tried a couple of different scenarios including restart of ipad, restart of program, New project with diffrent settings (Framerate file type etc..), also I have updated IOS but to no success.
last straw might be to reinstall the application.

Is there any conditions that are required for a Title to add? for example that you have to highlight a clip or that you have to save a entire video Layer for titles and graphics only?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tim

'Is there any conditions that are required for a Title to add? for example that you have to highlight a clip or that you have to save a entire video Layer for titles and graphics only?'

No

I just tried it on my iPad and it works just the same (I am on iOS 12.1 on both)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 am 

Alright i will try a reinstall tonight, if that does not work I am at my wits end :?:

I might post a video if the problem remains.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:30 pm 
Adept
Adept

I also just tried this on an iPad Pro 12.9 first gen, an iPad Air 2, and an iPhone 8+; all three devices put a title on the timeline at the current time indicator. (I’d never used the “+” button to add titles; it’s convenient! I’d always dragged a title from the title window, so thanks for helping me find a previously unnoticed feature!) I tested it on a the timeline where I had open video tracks available (LF put the title on the available track) and where I had all three tracks full, and LF placed the title on the top track at the CTI position, cutting over the existing video clip there.

I’m no expert, but based on what I see here, it does sound like there may be some corruption in your install of LumaFusion.

- Dex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:10 pm 

Sucess! I did a full backup of all luts, presets and projects.

Then i did a reinstall of the app and now it works like a charm!:) once again a happy luma user :mrgreen:

Must have been corruption as you suggested Dex.

// Tim