Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Can’t write hex codes?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:35 am 

Hey I have a problem writing hex codes when I want to change the colours of titles for example.

The problem is that the keyboard on my IPad Pro 11” blocks the text field and there seems to be no logic to how Luma inserts the letters and numbers. Mostly it just writes 0’s. Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hey I have a problem writing hex codes when I want to change the colours of titles for example.

The problem is that the keyboard on my IPad Pro 11” blocks the text field and there seems to be no logic to how Luma inserts the letters and numbers. Mostly it just writes 0’s. Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards
I am seeing the same issue on my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9"... well, sort of.

When we click on the hex code field, the keyboard popups up (when NOT using an external keyboard) and covers the input. In actuality, the cursor is secretly blinking after the last value...

The hack fix is to click the [delete] key 6 times (to clear out the old value). Then type in the new hex code. Then click the [Done] key.

Yes, we are sort of "flying blind" (because the popup keyboard is hiding the hex field).

A better UI would automatically have the hex field "select all" AND show the field somewhere above the popup keyboard at the same time. That way, when we start typing, the old hex code disappears AND we can see what value we are typing.

Also: I just tested this with my external keyboard. Obviously, the popup keyboard no longer hides the hex field. But again, proper UI would have the hex field automatically "select all" - and the old hex code disappears when we start typing a new hex value.

Great catch!