Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:47 am 

Hi all! :D New member here.
Just got LumaFusion for my 12.9 IPad Pro gen 2, Absolutely loving the mobile freedom. Just wondering what files management apps do you use when importing footage from Pc/Mac? Because I shoot on Sony, the SD card method is out for me (thanks apple). I’ve been using “Documents” which is great for managing files and using the Wifi direct transfer until I get my WD passport pro, but if I want to import from Documents into Lumafusion, I select all, but it only imports a single file, the first file I select in the folder. The only way is to copy from Documents to the Files App, and then import, which is annoying because I need to remember to delete the copy, or just import files one by one (do-able but extremely annoying). The WD app seems good, but as a backup and for other files (like movies or Zip files) what do you use? Cheers!

Attachments:
File comment: Trying to import multiple files to lumafusion, but only imports 1 of these at a time.
78215E0F-29E0-4F59-8167-66CDBDFF482D.png
78215E0F-29E0-4F59-8167-66CDBDFF482D.png [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 325 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi all! :D New member here.
Just got LumaFusion for my 12.9 IPad Pro gen 2, Absolutely loving the mobile freedom. Just wondering what files management apps do you use when importing footage from Pc/Mac? Because I shoot on Sony, the SD card method is out for me (thanks apple). I’ve been using “Documents” which is great for managing files and using the Wifi direct transfer until I get my WD passport pro, but if I want to import from Documents into Lumafusion, I select all, but it only imports a single file, the first file I select in the folder. The only way is to copy from Documents to the Files App, and then import, which is annoying because I need to remember to delete the copy, or just import files one by one (do-able but extremely annoying). The WD app seems good, but as a backup and for other files (like movies or Zip files) what do you use? Cheers!
I am trying to figure out a more elegant mobile transfer solution than is currently out there.

My dream is to be able to do everything on my iPad Pro... anywhere in the world... automatic backups... redundant backups, etc.

And of course, do it all without getting a second loan on my home:>

I am getting close to a solution.

There are NAS RAID solutions that are becoming more plug and play. That is, connect a cable from the NAS to my home router. Turn on the machine. Have the software open ports. Add a password. Done. Then I can have Luma write directly to my home backup "cloud."

I have my eye on getting this 4-bay NAS kit. It can scale up to 9 drives at once as I grow my content creation library.

Apple's closed ecosystem is forcing me to find alternative solutions.

And using 3rd-party cloud services scares me. For example, I just found out that Google is once again closing down another of their popular services... Google Hangouts will close down in 2020!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

I've got a 2 bay Synology NAS and can confirm that what you want to do works just fine with LF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

I've got a 2 bay Synology NAS and can confirm that what you want to do works just fine with LF
Awesome. Please tell me a little more...

Do you have it hooked up to your home/business' internet? If so, did you get a domain name so the ip is always the same?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:02 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

Like you said, it is cabled into my router

I have assigned it a fixed IP address (so I know where to find it)

I will be honest, I don't use it remotely - ie outside the house/wifi range, because I have no need to, but I did set it up to work remotely previously and the NAS software is easy to use/setup and use an external domain name. It worked fine, but as I said, I don't need it for that

I have iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, wifey's iPhone and TV all able to talk to the NAS

When I create a video I render it to the NAS not to my iThing

I can play all my films, music and pictures over wifi

I have it set to backup itself to an external drive incrementally once a month (you can set it to hourly if you wish) so as well as having the raid security I have an external backup

They are not cheap, but I find it well worth the money