Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 pm 

I was wondering if there was any way to consolidate clips , or join clips ? I think this would be a huge step forward if this is not already a feature.

For example : you have a video track with lots of FX that is eating up the CPU, so you can consolidate the data and flatten it into its own discreet clip for further editing. Same with joining : you could make micro edits of a clip , then join them together , then duplicate it , and then further micro edit or do speed changes ...

Basically a way of creating small renders of things within the project without having to export ...

Does this make sense ? Kind of like consolidate / freeze in ableton???

Is this already possible and I am just missing it somehow ??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 am 
Adept
Adept

Here’s what I do.

I make a copy of my project (one tap) and then render the clips that I want to merge into the Rendered Movies Folder. Then drag this merged clip back into my original project. Works just fine.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Attachments:
EE9E1F2E-2153-477E-ACD6-E45A332EAFFE.jpeg
EE9E1F2E-2153-477E-ACD6-E45A332EAFFE.jpeg [ 566.31 KiB | Viewed 346 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That’s the best way to do it

Some would say ‘but you will lose quality’

Will you see the loss? I doubt it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:30 am 

Can you specify the length of the render .? Like , in and out? This doesn’t seem like a good way to work and feel like clip merging / flattening is something that can’t easily be worked around , and yet would be relatively easy to implement. Submitting feature request ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You could duplicate the project, delete the bits you don't want and export that

Like Lee said

It only takes a few seconds to do

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:35 am 
Adept
Adept

Cappy’s approach is valid, by all means, and yes, it only takes a bit of time (unless you’re editing an epic and the clip you want to pre-render (or flatten or freeze—whatever your preferred terminology is) is 20 minutes in, and there are a thousand clips on the timeline before it). When we get the ability to select multiple clips on the timeline, this will reduce the time needed for such an approach, but it is still a inefficient.

Quartzn’s suggestion of setting render in/out points is a good one that wouldn’t clutter the editing interface — it could be handled when you’re setting up your render, though it could be difficult to get exactly the range you’re seeking; you’d have to note the start and end time of your pre-render, which might not be easy to verify once you’re in the render mode). I think a “work bar” or something like that might be useful on the timeline, though though it might run the risk of cluttering the interface up. (Again, depending on how multiple clip selection is handled, it might be possible to select a range on the timeline and send that off to render.)

Just some thoughts.