Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:41 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Forum Member Behavior
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:09 pm 
Adept
Adept

I would like to see we forum members spending more time helping each other and less time on pointing out the shortcomings of this outstanding app.

All of us have offered our suggestions for features that we would like to see in future upgrades. But there is often too much criticism that begins with “Why can't I do this ...”, or “I can do this in Final Cut Pro, why can’t I do it in LumaFusion” or “Any decent video editing app should be able to ...”

LumaTouch has created a really elegant cost effective app that delivers powerful functionality to a broad audience.

I would hate for this app to become one of those blotted “Be All to All People” apps that tries to do it all but ends up doing nothing very well.

I have faith in the LumaFusion development team to be able to prioritize future enhancements based on their own product plans and our user input.

We all realize that the developers are simultaneously working on both new features and fixing known issues. On the latter, I would like to encourage the developers to send out a bug fix release each month. It’s important to have the current release working as intended as quickly as possible before new features are introduced.

On the subject of bug reporting, I have found the Support Team to be very responsive to reports that contain clear and sufficient detail to reproduce the issue. It also helps if you send them a screen recording demonstrating the problem. After all video is what it’s all about. Right?

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well said Lee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:24 am 
Novice
Novice

I agree! Whining seems to be on the rise wherever one looks...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

👍👍

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:55 am 
Adept
Adept

I agree that whining is problematic, but I also feel there needs to be an opportunity to make feature requests, and often the easiest way to describe such requests is by saying “in FCPX I can do this,” or “Premiere Pro lets me easily do that.” I think it’s often the tone that’s troublesome, and that may simply happen beause people feel they won’t be heard unless they somehow prove that the feature they’re requesting is absolutely necessary for LumaFusion to be taken seriously, so they go to rhetorical extremes. (I hope I’m not guilty of that behavior in the feature requests I’ve made.)

For me, the point of this forum is to have communication with other users and with the developers, and if there’s a feature that would make the app more useful for a majority of users, while still maintaining the sleek, elegant interface, I’d love to have the developers hear about it here.

So, the upshot is, if you have a feature you really want, let LumaTouch know, but don’t be annoying about it. Post the request, and if you have a suggestion for how to implement it, include that. (For instance, another thread is suggesting the ability to export a specific section of a timeline — suggestions on that thread include using the rumored-to-be-upcoming multiple-clip-on-the-timeline-selection tool, or the addition of a work bar on the timeline, or the addition of in-and-out points on the timeline to select the range of what gets sent to the renderer. All of these are practical suggestions for the implementation of the requested feature, and I suspect would be useful to the developers to get ideas going. Since most of us aren’t developers, though, and most of us don’t know how LumaFusion works under the hood, something that seems simple to us as end-users may be incredibly difficult to implement. We need to trust that the developers intent is to create the best editing app they can—not to be arbitrarily recalcitrant about features some of us think would be awesome.)

Also, remember to be patient. LumaTouch is a small development house that’s doing something truly remarkable with this application. It takes time — sometimes a LOT of time — to add even a simple feature to an app. Badgering them won’t make it happen any faster, but will make the forum a less pleasant place to get support for the use of this remarkable tool.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well said Dex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:41 pm 
Adept
Adept

I was with ya' until you said:
Quote:
Badgering them won’t make it happen any faster
It reminds me of the saying:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In my 51 years of living on this planet, I find badgering CAN and usually does get stuff in the B pile moved to the A pile.

I know that is not fair. And I know we tend to deny this...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 am 
Novice
Novice

And in my 71 years I find the attitude and METHOD of complaining deteriorating.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
And in my 71 years I find the attitude and METHOD of complaining deteriorating.
I would (mostly) agree with you.

There is an art to complaining that rubs people the RIGHT way.

Most people fail miserably at the art of greasin' the wheel. They are terrible at selling.