Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: 1.7 beta?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 am 

I must say I was pretty disappointed with the updates in the lates version as I probably was hoping for some speed ramping it some other nice feature. But the biggest disappointment is the fact that the icons and text options (buttons if you will) are just a tad too small now. Maybe not in an iPad but They seems just too small to hit correctly every time on an iPhone.
Also what went wrong in the sound panel? Preview window is SOO tiny that it’s impossible to time anything to the video and the nudge buttons don’t work.
The option to hold down on the slider bar and have it slowly move in increments is gone as well which is sad - because those nudge buttons are so small that’s it’s easy to touch the slider instead.

Post subject: Re: 1.7 beta?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:29 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I guess then everybody will be a little disappointed because one of their favorite features wasn’t implemented ;-)

You see, I personally don’t care for speed ramping at all. I think it’s just a silly phenomenon like pitch auto tune for music back in the 90s. It will soon be gone, at least you won’t be considered a serious filmmaker when using those cheesy effects, unless you do it very selectively and in a delicate manner.

That’s why I can’t stand all those PeterMcKinnons, MattiHaapojas etc. and don’t watch their channels anymore! I swear, the next time I see a slow-mo or speed-ramped clip of somebody’s legs I’d have to vomit over my new expensive iPad in Full-frame ;-)

I am rather happy for those who got some of their favorites implemented in 1.7! It’s just that ‘new feature priority ranking’ didn’t hit YOU this time - next time it will, I am positive...

As for the changes in the UI, I think for many reasons and future advancements some things like e.g. getting rid of the slider increment/decrement function was necessary, however I agree that there is still a bit of size tweaking necessary, which obviously couldn’t be addressed enough in the beta phase. But you could ask some beta tester about this, they are very communicative and will for sure be happy to have a little ‘post release’ discussion with you.

Nudges work quite OK on an iPad now, but maybe it needs some re-thinking whether the two buttons should be positioned aside each other for a quick +/- stepping accessibility or to clip a little bit of both extreme ends of the slider to get some more space for an even bigger area for the nudge buttons etc.

I am sure, this will be addressed in the next point update very soon.

I hope though that you do like the new story block feature and sorting abilities of the whole file import section - that was what I was wishing for from Santa :-) Also the many little improvements in the settings window layout that reduce the necessity of scrolling etc. and make the whole workflow much quicker now! I am sure that will convince a lot of people to jump on the Luma train in the future.

And above all, the improved stability of the engine and edit sections, or simply remembering where you left off the editor for getting directed just to the right place for your next edit etc. are my personal favorites.

Well, as you can see - I am quite happy and pleased. Although I was hoping for 360 support, double or triple LUT support and one more video track as well as some more little fixes of visual glitches etc.

So I am hoping for the next update not being too far away and eventually getting my goodies.

Enjoy editing with your iPad respectively Fusion and stay positive although the Luma world is not all gold yet ;-)

———

Last edited by mramosch on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:54 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
I must say I was pretty disappointed with the updates in the lates version as I probably was hoping for some speed ramping it some other nice feature. But the biggest disappointment is the fact that the icons and text options (buttons if you will) are just a tad too small now. Maybe not in an iPad but They seems just too small to hit correctly every time on an iPhone.
Also what went wrong in the sound panel? Preview window is SOO tiny that it’s impossible to time anything to the video and the nudge buttons don’t work.
The option to hold down on the slider bar and have it slowly move in increments is gone as well which is sad - because those nudge buttons are so small that’s it’s easy to touch the slider instead.
Just after I bought Luma, I caught my son using Luma on his iPhone.

I say "caught" because I was STUNNED that someone would edit video on such a small device. In my head, it would be like editing video on an Apple Watch.

I wonder if the people at Luma thought the same... thinking that their customers would be editing exclusively on an iPad. If they were also targeting phone users, then I agree with you - there should be some sort of "responsive" layout - one for iPads and one for iPhones.

Luma is just crazy amazing. Editing What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get with fingers and/or an Apple Pencil is truly a dream come true for me. With that said, I would suggest that their UI needs a makeover. It is not very intuitive. I have voiced my concern about the UI a few times here.

I am a beta tester. And many people have suggested allowing us to input exact numbers in addition to nudging. I am bound by the beta's secrecy... but I can tell you this was a most-requested feature request for a future version.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi rodberg (and all),

None of the button sizes should have been reduced, but we'll look into it to make sure. In general, we will be focusing on making the UI on the iPhone more manageable (allowing fewer and larger controls while still providing all of the functionality). While we have a lot of users who edit entirely on the iPhone, we realize that it isn't always easy. I do recommend switching between portrait and landscape for different editing tasks and trying the different layouts we provide to focus on different areas of the app.

It looks like the layout for the Audio tool in portrait is a bug (you might want to switch to landscape in that tool for now), the preview definitely shouldn't be that small, and we will work to resolve that in the next update. We'll also work on providing a little more room for the nudge buttons to make sure they are useful, and in the long run we'll be working to find better ways to use the small screen real-estate.