Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: 360 not working for me
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm 

I’ve got lumafusion on my iPhone 7. I’ve used it to make normal videos but not 360. I have a Garmin Virb 360 so decided to try out if I could edit on my iPhone. I moved the 360 mp4 file to my NAS and also DropBox (to eliminate a variable so have tried importing from both; I don't have an SD flash drive to directly import files). I then imported it into lumafusion (LF). It imports the video into the timeline but doesn’t play it and I only see the thumbnail on the timeline; in the main viewing window there is just a black screen however beneath that one can see multiple frames where one would normally trim the footage. I have the 2:1 in project settings. If I try to view the 360 video before moving it onto the timeline all I get is a blank screen where it should be playing the footage.
Bizarrely when I add a normal video to the timeline with the 360 footage, I can see the 360 footage but not hear it…
As an aside, is one able to manipulate the footage in 360 like one can in Virb Edit? I was thinking of getting an iPad and using LF with that and editing and combining standard and 360 footage (having directed the 360 footage so one can't move the 360 footage in a media player of course) but can’t proceed at the moment due to the current issues.

Any help appreciated. Thanks :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

For the time being you can’t manipulate 360 equirectangular videos in Luma. Meaning you can’t overcapture/freecapture to a rectangular video, hence no change of viewing angle, direction, FOV (zoom/crop in) etc.

I guess the market of 360 shooters is still to small right now to allow Luma for ‘wasting’ development resources in this area that should better be invested in more important features.

You can however, import any equirectangular 2:1 ratio clip from any 360 camera. As far as I have tested it worked flawlessly up to 4k footage for a Xiaomi Misphere. Of course you don’t have a 360 viewer yet in Luma so you will only see the equirectangular distorted clip, but in my experience this is way enough for just building up your story line.

You can edit your cuts and scenes and output it as an equirectangular 2:1 ratio video which you can then watch in any 360 video viewer.

You can even set the correct Metadata for Facebook, or Google street view to recognize it as 360 footage. Just go to settings in Luma Fusion and choose as desired.

There is only one little glitch that you should be aware of, but that also should be fixed in one of the next point updates hopefully, and this is that rendered 360 videos have some transparent soft edges at the left and right edges of the video, hence when they get joined together, sometimes you can see this joint line in the 360 viewer app, just where the two extreme ends meet in the projected sphere.

This also depends on the quality settings of your rendering in Luma Fusion, unfortunately the better the output quality you choose the better this ‘stitch line’ is visible ;-(

That’s all I can tell you right now - hope that helps in some way...

——