Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Hey Cappy
You’re always helping me so I’ll try to help!
I’ve had several DJI drones in the past few months, coming to the brand after purchasing a Yuneeq drone and returning it because it was awful!
I’ve had a Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro Plus and finally a Mavic 2 Pro.
The Phantom was a hell of a drone but the public seemed to be far more aware of it when flying but the Mavics were the least obtrusive and hardly anyone noticed them when they were up in the air. The Spark made a noise like a Hornets nest and had a high-pitched sound that people seemed to be aware of immediately!
The Mavic Pro was the quietest of them all and the M2P is a little more noisy when moving but the same when still.
Both Mavics look like you’re carrying a small camera so no one pays them any attention. The Phantom will need a large backpack.
I would strongly recommend that you pick up a decent used Mavic Pro to start with and if the hobby bites, maybe you could get something better!
Here’s one I made earlier on my Mavic 2 Pro:
Make sure you’re watching at 720p at the very least!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 am 
Adept
Adept

Thanks HomeyJay,

That’s very helpful advice. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:03 pm 

Quote:
Thanks Shrimpy,

I am leaning toward the Mavic 2 Pro right now. Probably more than I need but I think I will enjoy it.

Thanks again,
CappyLee
I just made a thread about this actually, but do note that if you plan to shoot RAW (10bit D-LOG) on the Mavic 2 Pro (the only way to get 10bit footage and take advantage of that 1" sensor), the drone does NOT apply distortion correction, and LumaFusion does not currently offer distortion correction to my knowledge. So you would be stuck either using a different editing program or shooting lower quality video to avoid the barrel distortion and curved horizons.

That is the reason I haven't bought the drone yet myself - I am trying to determine how badly my workflow is going to be disrupted.

If you have any questions about the drones themselves let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Mark,

Do you think DJI might do an upgrade to provide Distortion Correction? Seems like that’s more likely than LumaFusion doing it.

Thanks for letting me know about this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Realistically I think the number of times you would want or need to apply distortion correction is very small

The higher you fly the more curvy things get and the harder it is to see the things you were flying over

If you’re flying a $49£ drone you’ll get curvy vision all the time

I’m putting a Mavic 2 on my Christmas list - anyone need a 2yr old Phantom P3S?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:07 am 
Novice
Novice

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about playing with 10bit dlog. I’ve done a zillion 10bit vs Normal profile comparisons on my M2Pro and I can say that 99% of people wouldn’t know the difference between them. I have a good friend who’s a commercial editor and he can’t tell the difference either.
The lens distortion is a pain in the rear, it is visible in anything with a straight edge in the footage so it does need to be corrected if you insist on using the 10bit profile.
DJI have stated categorically that the M2Pro will not correct it onboard and that users will have to correcting using post software.
It also seems unlikely that LF will suddenly add a lens correction module to their software (and why should they?)
So, users who want to use LumaFusion on their iPad will have to use the Normal profile or put up with the distortion that the 10bit profiles introduce.
Personally, I don’t care for the 10bit profiles on my M2Pro, I almost always output at 1080p and there’s no way anyone can tell any difference at this resolution!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:19 am 
Adept
Adept

Thanks everyone. That’s helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I know that it wasn't my thread, but thanks to everyone too - it's helped me as well

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:55 am 

Quote:
Thanks Mark,

Do you think DJI might do an upgrade to provide Distortion Correction? Seems like that’s more likely than LumaFusion doing it.

Thanks for letting me know about this issue.
DJI's official response is that the drone does not have enough power to process both the 10bit D-Log footage and also do distortion correction on the fly. In the lower quality modes, distortion correction is automatically applied. So unfortunately it does not look promising at the moment, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 am 

Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about playing with 10bit dlog. I’ve done a zillion 10bit vs Normal profile comparisons on my M2Pro and I can say that 99% of people wouldn’t know the difference between them. I have a good friend who’s a commercial editor and he can’t tell the difference either.
The lens distortion is a pain in the rear, it is visible in anything with a straight edge in the footage so it does need to be corrected if you insist on using the 10bit profile.
DJI have stated categorically that the M2Pro will not correct it onboard and that users will have to correcting using post software.
It also seems unlikely that LF will suddenly add a lens correction module to their software (and why should they?)
So, users who want to use LumaFusion on their iPad will have to use the Normal profile or put up with the distortion that the 10bit profiles introduce.
Personally, I don’t care for the 10bit profiles on my M2Pro, I almost always output at 1080p and there’s no way anyone can tell any difference at this resolution!
Shooting the M2P outside of 10-bit mode and without using HQ mode, the image quality is almost identical to the Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom with their tiny 1/2.3" sensors. The difference in quality with a properly graded 10-bit file is quite significant, but everyone has different thresholds for what is acceptable. It's odd that you don't like the 10-bit files, are you not grading them? They are objectively better and more malleable in post processing. If you just use them as is - yes they probably look very bland, but that is the point :)

The Phantom 4 Pro actually puts out significantly better video with the same sensor, but I believe heat issues prevented DJI from getting the most out of the sensor in the M2P on the video side of things. It's still very good though, and the still image quality is not compromised in the same way.