Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:06 am 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Shrimpy.

I just have two concerns about the Air.

1. Noise. I keep reading reviews that the Air doesn’t have low noise props like the Pro 2 and is comparatively noisy.

2, Controller. The Air doesn’t have a built-in screen so you have to rely on the iPhone screen for basic flight info.

What are your thoughts on these two items?

Also do you find the iPhone screen difficult to read when it’s sunny?

Thanks,
CappyLee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My P3S (no longer available) sounds like a swarm of angry bees

My friends Mavic Air sounds like a smaller swarm of angry bees

Once you get to a 'safe' distance (50m in the uk) no one's bothered about either in my experience

I used to use my iPhone 5 for the display. Now I use my iPhone 7 without any problems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:10 am 

I've been a happy Phantom 4 Pro flyer for almost a year now. No issues and the new P4Pro v2.0 propellers make quite a big difference in overall sound level.
As has been said, it's not small and very portable, like the Air, but if you don't need to have the drone in your bag all the time and mainly use it in places that you can reach relatively easily you won't be disappointed with the image quality. Even the new Hasselblad Mavic Pro 2 can't touch the P4Pro. The P4 Advanced is the best value for money and you're not really giving up anything of major significance when compared to the more expensive P4Pro. I only got the Pro model because I found a cheap refurbished model below the Advanced price point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 am 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Signum. I haven’t even looked at the Phantom models. I'll take a look.

Thanks again,
CappyLee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 am 
Adept
Adept

David, thanks for your comments about noise and the controller. That helps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:19 am 
Novice
Novice

As someone that have few drones (and had few more at the past) today I have 2 - one Big drone (Blade chroma) and recently I got the DJI Spark as a gift.
The Spark is going with me at my laptop backpack (work and so, sometimes as a traveling backpack) and it’s like a smartphone, always with you.
The Blade is more like a DSLR, have more in the specs but usually you are taking it in special occasions and not on daily basis.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Thanks Shrimpy.

I just have two concerns about the Air.

1. Noise. I keep reading reviews that the Air doesn’t have low noise props like the Pro 2 and is comparatively noisy.

2, Controller. The Air doesn’t have a built-in screen so you have to rely on the iPhone screen for basic flight info.

What are your thoughts on these two items?

Also do you find the iPhone screen difficult to read when it’s sunny?

Thanks,
CappyLee

There is nothing that can be done with the prop noise unfortunately

No screen on the controller is annoying.

Another thing you want to take into consideration is the transmission system used on the Air. It uses WiFi which will not give you a reliable signal when you start to fly out at further distances. Mavic Pro (2PRO, 2 Zoom) uses Occusync which is a strong transmission system. This was a major reason for me to switch out from my original Phantom 3 Standard.

If you don't care about price, Get the M2P or Zoom. The OG Mavic Pro is selling at a nice price for the fly more bundle (approx. 1000-1100)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:17 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Shrimpy,

I am leaning toward the Mavic 2 Pro right now. Probably more than I need but I think I will enjoy it.

Thanks again,
CappyLee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If I could afford one, that would be my next drone Lee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Skydio R1 sounds interesting for video. For some reason I like the idea of drones even though I hate having someone buzzing one round nearby (especially if the operator is not obvious or is wearing a headset) and will probably never buy one :?