Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:47 pm 

Excuse me if this has been brought up before. If it has, I welcome a link to the relevant discussion. I did a search, but nothing popped out at me.

Earlier this week I was out in the Colorado mountains, far from any internet connection. I shot a few video clips and took a few photos and attempted to import them into LumaFusion in order to make a short video.

Well... without an internet connection, it wouldn't do it.

The photos and video are on my iPad. LumaFusion is on my iPad. Why won't it simply take the photos and video from my photo album? It appears that LumaFusion is actually downloading the media from iCloud.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Is there a setting somewhere where I can turn this off? In the future, I plan to do quite a bit more video editing out in the field where I will only occasionally have an internet connection. I'll need the option to do all the work offline. Is this possible?

Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

No you don’t need internet access. When you access your Photos app media under LumaFusion Sources, you are always accessing content on your iDevice - not iCloud.

The only time you need internet access is when you are trying to access media that you store on a file sharing cloud service (e.g., iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.).

Not sure what might be going on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 am 

CappyLee,

Thanks for your response. After reading what you wrote, I looked a bit more into my setup and I think I found my problem.

Most of my video is shot on my iPhone. I occasionally use the iPad for video. When I have an internet connection, the videos are supposed to be shared between my devices, and from appearances, they do. Except it seems that it doesn't actually download the entire video to the device.

So what was happening is that I'd shoot a video on the iPhone. Through iCloud, it would attempt to share that video to my iPad. From my perspective, it looks like the video is on my iPad. But in actuality, it's not. What's on the iPad is just a thumbnail. So when I use my iPad in order to edit the video on LumaFusion, it tries to download the rest of the video from iCloud, but if I don't have a connection, it can't do it.

I've found a simple workaround. When I shoot video on my iPhone, I can send it to my iPad using AirDrop, and then the full video is stored on the iPad and I can use it in LumaFusion as expected.

I feel rather silly that I didn't realize this sooner. Thanks for explaining how it's supposed to work so I could sit down and investigate why my device wasn't working the same.

Whew... when I was having this problem, I was thinking this was going to be a deal breaker since I plan to do a lot of shooting/editing in the field where I won't always have an internet connection.

Jamie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good deal. I’m glad you're back in business.

You might find this recent post of mine useful also. https://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7133