Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:42 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Post subject: Text wrap?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm 
Adept
Adept

I make video sales letters.

And in some scenes, I like to display a sentence in frame. They are often 12 to 20 words long. And it does not fit...

It would be great if I could use the bounding box to text wrap. Right now, I have to hard-return each line.

Does Luma have a text-wrap feature now? If so, can someone point it out to me? If not, can this feature be added in a future release?

Also, it is possible to copy and paste text while it remembers the current settings (like color, shadows, etc.)?

Post subject: Re: Text wrap?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello MyAmazingDiscoveries,

- Currently Text Wrap is not possible in the Text Editor at the moment. But it is written up as a feature request for our developers.

- You can maintain the Color/Shadows/Edges/etc. of your text by either:

1.) Tapping the Duplicate button in the Text Editor (It's the 'Layered Plus Sign' symbol above your layers - make sure you have the layer you want to duplicate selected and expanded in order for the Duplicate button to be selectable)

2.) Cloning your Text Clip on the timeline.

Both of these solutions will maintain your Font attributes.

3.) You can copy and paste when typing your text as well. Any Font attributes added prior or before typing will be maintained when copy and pasting while typing in your text.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if it doesn't.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:53 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
1.) Tapping the Duplicate button in the Text Editor (It's the 'Layered Plus Sign' symbol above your layers - make sure you have the layer you want to duplicate selected and expanded in order for the Duplicate button to be selectable)
I appreciate the fast reply on this, Keith:

I cannot for the life of me find this Duplicate button. Can you point me in the right direction on this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:07 pm 
Adept
Adept

Not a problem.

The Duplicate button is located here: https://tinyurl.com/ya2s56h7

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:14 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:

Not a problem.

The Duplicate button is located here: https://tinyurl.com/ya2s56h7

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch
Ah, I see. Thank you for that.

However:

I map out all my text in Keynote (in the Presentation Notes section). I am assuming it is applying some type of style on the text. So when I copy the text and try to paste into Luma's text editor, it overwrites the Luma styles settings.

Any ideas on how to have to reapply styles to copy and pasted text?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:41 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello MyAmazingDiscoveries,

I was able to reproduce this issue. I will be sure to write this up as a bug. The work-around for now is once your text is copy-and-pasted you'll need to make your attribute adjustments again...

One thing you could do...is save your attributes by tapping on the "Save Title Style" button (The button is the fourth selection in the same area as the Duplicate button). After you've saved your style, it'll appear in "User Styles" above. Now every time you copy and paste from your Keynote app, all you have to do is tap on your saved style with that text layer selected.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:49 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
One thing you could do...is save your attributes by tapping on the "Save Title Style" button (The button is the fourth selection in the same area as the Duplicate button). After you've saved your style, it'll appear in "User Styles" above. Now every time you copy and paste from your Keynote app, all you have to do is tap on your saved style with that text layer selected.
Cool. I just tried the Save Title Style button...

It almost works for me. It does not remember my font choice - instead, it displays HelveticaNeue. Is this a bug or needed to add as a new feature?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:23 am 
Adept
Adept

@MyAmazingDiscoveries This is indeed a bug. Great catch. I will write this up for our developers to work on.

Sorry for the inconvenience. In meantime, you'll have to change all of your Fonts manually after selecting your User Style.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch