Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00


For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
Adept
Adept

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
Posts: 193
1) What does the gray bar represent at the clip head?

2) Is there a shortcut to zoom all the way back to the beginning of a video (timestamp 00:00)?

3) Can I change the duration of a clip manually? For example, I might want to go from .08 to .15 on a single edited clip.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:51 pm
Posts: 139
Refer to the LumaFusion Reference Guide. This guide will answer all three of your questions much better than I can.


Attachments:
F8EAF835-96D6-4965-99F8-C737E644643A.jpeg
F8EAF835-96D6-4965-99F8-C737E644643A.jpeg [ 114.41 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
Thanks Lee

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6582

(for the reference guide)

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
Posts: 193
Yes, I did scan the guide many times in the past and could not find the answers.

I am especially curious about the gray box on the playhead. It grows and shrinks as we zoom in and out. Does anyone have any idea what the gray box represents?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

I'm not exactly sure about 'the grey box' :oops: can you provide a screen grab?

Ruler
The ruler displays increments of time in hours : minutes : seconds . frames. How much detail you see on the ruler depends on how far zoomed in or out you are on the Timeline. The shorter white ticks (seen only when zoomed in) are single frame increments.

Gesture:
Pinch to zoom in and out on the timeline. When zoomed in, the blue play head will turn white indicating that it is showing the start-to-end of a single frame.

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
Posts: 193
Quote:
Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

I'm not exactly sure about 'the grey box' :oops: can you provide a screen grab?

Ruler
The ruler displays increments of time in hours : minutes : seconds . frames. How much detail you see on the ruler depends on how far zoomed in or out you are on the Timeline. The shorter white ticks (seen only when zoomed in) are single frame increments.

Gesture:
Pinch to zoom in and out on the timeline. When zoomed in, the blue play head will turn white indicating that it is showing the start-to-end of a single frame.
I appreciate your help on this...

Here is the screengrab:
http://i66.tinypic.com/2rpraz9.jpg


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline
Grand Master
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

Yep it's what I thought (but wasn't sure)

'Gesture:
Pinch to zoom in and out on the timeline. When zoomed in, the blue play head will turn white indicating that it is showing the start-to-end of a single frame.'

It is the maximum possible zoom which is 1 frame wide (it says white but it is kinda grey :D )

To quickly go back to the beginning of the video double tap the 'left arrow' to the left of the play button

If you've zoomed in all the way (and see the grey line) then triple tap to the right or left of the line to zoom all the way out

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
Posts: 193
Quote:
Hi MyAmazingDiscoveries

Yep it's what I thought (but wasn't sure)

'Gesture:
Pinch to zoom in and out on the timeline. When zoomed in, the blue play head will turn white indicating that it is showing the start-to-end of a single frame.'

It is the maximum possible zoom which is 1 frame wide (it says white but it is kinda grey :D )

To quickly go back to the beginning of the video double tap the 'left arrow' to the left of the play button

If you've zoomed in all the way (and see the grey line) then triple tap to the right or left of the line to zoom all the way out
Excellent. Thank you.

And can you point me in the right direction for this final question:

> Can I change the duration of a clip manually? For example, I might want to go from .08 to .15 on a single edited clip.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
Grand Master
Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: A small island off the coast of Europe
If you mean change the length of a clip on the timeline then just tap the clip to select it first and then drag the right hand end left or right

That only works of course up to the maximum length of the imported clip

If the clip just isn’t long enough then you can only make it longer by changing the playback speed

_________________
.. Good things come to those who wait


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 3 questions (please)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 am 
Offline
Adept
Adept

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
Posts: 193
Quote:
If you mean change the length of a clip on the timeline then just tap the clip to select it first and then drag the right hand end left or right

That only works of course up to the maximum length of the imported clip

If the clip just isn’t long enough then you can only make it longer by changing the playback speed
I want to be able to type in a specific length of a clip... like I can do in iMovie.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited