Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 pm 

Hi just wanted to point out and chit chat about some audio issues I encounter while editing videos. I primarily work with Live concerts and music video type stuff so I thought I’d just mention some things Ive noticed while working.

Clicks and pops when cutting and piecing together music.

Many times ill stitch loops of audio together. Things like beats and such.. There always seems to be click and pops in between even if they are “ perfect loops “ These are usually exported out of one of my daws and even though i put fades and they loop perfectly elsewhere I have trouble in LF. The fix in a Daw and some Vid Editing Programs for this is 3-5ms fades at split points. This would be a great feature to have. ( to be clear I import loops and duplicate them back to back down the timeline )

Also effects on the master audio bus would be helpful. For an overall compressor or low end cut etc that could fix and glue the entire projects audio together would be so useful.

Lastly I’m sure its been addressed but it would be so great to have the Auv3 effect slot back. Think this will come back in the future?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello AbleThought,

Sorry for the delayed response.

For your Pops & Clicks issue:
Try the Consolidate Media function:
Page 9 of the Reference Guide - Link Here: https://tinyurl.com/ybscezfh
will give you more detail on what this does for your project and media.

You'll also want to try applying the "VideoCut-AudioCross" transition to your Audio 'Splits.'

For your Audio Suggestions
We're currently working on an overhaul of the Audio Editor and improving it completely. I'll be sure to add your suggestion to the feature request list for our developers to take into account.

I will also add your AUv3 comment to the feature request list for our developers to discuss. You mentioned 'adding it back.' Personally, I can't confidently answer this specific question as I am fairly new to the LumaTouch team and I am not familiar with this feature. Some of our team members are currently out of the country for a tech convention, so I can't confirm this information at the moment. But I'll be sure to take note of this for our developers.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:23 pm 

Hello Keith,

it should be mentioned that consolidating media means also reducing the quality of the footage you are using due to reencoding videos. In your reference guide its mentioned as "optimize videos". I fact it reduces the bitrate of your videos even less than the standard 24Mbps.

I.e. I have some clips with 50Mbps. After consolidating the project my clips had 18 Mbps! Ok I could solve my problems with the pops and clicks but I can not accept the loss of quality.

Looking forward seeing the overhaul Audio Editor. Does it come wit 1.7?

Thanks
Mey HD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello MEY_Fusion,

You are correct. One way to work-around the hit in bitrate, but still remove pops and clicks, is to:

- Get your project to a satisfied cut
- Duplicate that Project (Maybe duplicate three time -- So you have your original cut, one to edit if you need to make a change, and the final two to execute the next steps)
- Delete the footage from the Third duplicate that you made, so you have audio only
- Consolidate that Third duplicate (Audio should only be on that timeline now)
- Export that Audio Only project (Maybe export it to Rendered Movies folder, to easily find it)
- Now take the new audio that you Consolidated/Exported and replace it with the audio of your 2nd Duplicate.

These steps will eventually be more simplified, once we've added the ability to "Copy/Paste/Select/Select All" on the timeline. Which is currently in the works. But in the meantime, this is an executable work-around for pops and clicks when using Consolidate Media for your audio.

To answer your question about the Audio Editor improvements. It won't be coming with 1.7. At the moment, there currently isn't a firm date for when this will be available.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:02 pm 

Thank you Keith,

your workaround solved my problem. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

No problem MEY_Fusion.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
To answer your question about the Audio Editor improvements. It won't be coming with 1.7. At the moment, there currently isn't a firm date for when this will be available.
I hope it comes out soon after 1.7. I must admit being a bit frustrated by all the pops in the middle of my edits. And the workaround sounds like a TON of work.

With that said, I continue to enjoy editing with Luma on my iPad. Editing is now enjoyable instead of drudgery. Using gestures is WAY faster for me than I am used to with the trackpad on my laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MyAmazingDiscoveries Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully. New features just take time and testing on the development end.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch