Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:07 am 
Adept
Adept

I would be interested to get an official reply from Luma Touch to Apple's secret meeting in New York.
Quote:
The new way Apple wanted to promote: Instead of users paying for apps once, they’d pay on a regular basis, putting money into developer coffers on a regular schedule. Apple would still get a 30% cut of the subscription’s cost, but if a customer continued to subscribe after a year, Apple’s cut would go down to 15%.
Question for Luma users: would you be happy, upset or somewhere in between if the next Luma update was a subscription model instead of a one-time purchase?

Last edited by MyAmazingDiscoveries on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your link doesn't let unsubscribed users read it

I'm not willing to pay a subscription to read an article, but may be willing to for other things

You get what you pay for either way

If I was a developer (and I'm not) I would be developing for two things:

Fun
Money

I can have fun without money but I can't live without money

What did the article say regarding Luma Touch?

And ... this isn't an Affinity forum ... what do they say on there?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Your link doesn't let unsubscribed users read it

I'm not willing to pay a subscription to read an article, but may be willing to for other things

You get what you pay for either way

If I was a developer (and I'm not) I would be developing for two things:

Fun
Money

I can have fun without money but I can't live without money

What did the article say regarding Luma Touch?

And ... this isn't an Affinity forum ... what do they say on there?
I have cross posted it to a few different places.

Surprisingly, there is not hostility about the issue. I am surprised because any time there is a hint that a developer is going to switch to a subscription model, forum people start screaming.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

i think the app has a ways to go still. still missing basic copy paste, clip export, multi select , copy between project etc

sure its fast but its limited by ipad space, slow / annoying transfers and one format... mp4.
i spend 10 min editing and 1 hour waiting and transferring and hours clearing these damn videos off my ipad...

some apps tried subscriptions and lost a huge customer base and pissed off a great deal of initial supporters. Lumafusion has been successful by being affordable and doing editing of one format really well but looks STRIKINGKY similar to an old app selling for 4 bucks

sorry but you want me to pay monthLy too?!

most good popular respected apps have paid special features, extra content packs, a few have buy iap to unlock special filters etc

for me green screen would be a 10 dollar upgrade not free, and copy paste would be already included but thats my business sense
for example set list maker i got all the extra packs to support the dev. cost me more than the app

but no way i will ever pay a subscription...i will support the app but not on a monthly basis sorry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
i think the app has a ways to go still. still missing basic copy paste, clip export, multi select , copy between project etc

sure its fast but its limited by ipad space, slow / annoying transfers and one format... mp4.
i spend 10 min editing and 1 hour waiting and transferring and hours clearing these damn videos off my ipad...

some apps tried subscriptions and lost a huge customer base and pissed off a great deal of initial supporters. Lumafusion has been successful by being affordable and doing editing of one format really well but looks STRIKINGKY similar to an old app selling for 4 bucks

most good popular respected apps have paid special features, extra content packs, a few have buy iap to unlock special filters etc

for me green screen would be a 10 dollar upgrade not free, and copy paste would be already included but thats my business sense
for example set list maker i got all the extra packs to support the dev. cost me more than the app

but no way i will ever pay a subscription...i will support the app but not on a monthly basis sorry
I would be happy to have in app purchases, especially for specific things...
Actually, a business model that I believe would be much more easily accepted than subscription, could be a “repurchase” for major releases, i.e. moving from 1.xx to 2.xx, maybe at a reduced price...
I know I would.
Not much different, at the same time affordable and it would let the few people that are fine with Luma as it is to continue using it...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:54 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Quote:

I would be happy to have in app purchases, especially for specific things...
Actually, a business model that I believe would be much more easily accepted than subscription, could be a “repurchase” for major releases, i.e. moving from 1.xx to 2.xx, maybe at a reduced price...
I know I would.
Not much different, at the same time affordable and it would let the few people that are fine with Luma as it is to continue using it...
Agreed 100%. Ferrite Recording Studio just put out their latest Version 2 Upgrade. I would have HAPPILY paid it (but I purchased version 1 recently, so it was a free upgrade).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:35 pm 

In my opinion the “repurchase for major releases model” is as useless as the subscription model
for the average user.

• Why not the Subscription Model?

If you are not a ’PRO’ and don’t use an app on an (almost) daily basis why should you pay for a full
period of time when maybe you are not going to use it in that period. And if you decide to opt out
for one month or two and suddenly realize you forgot one tiny edit, will you purchase a full month
subscription just for 2 minutes for fixing your problem? I doubt that!

• Why not the Repurchase Model?

How much as I do agree to pay for major new features when I really use them, I am not willing to
pay money for fixes of bugs that sometimes go back several versions of the app. And a big part of
every new release are bug fixes. Why pay for something again that should have been working in the
first place already.

I guess the only reasonable way (maybe not for developers but for users) is a modular system where
one can decide which features s/he wants. When you are an amateur you shouldn’t mind having
compatibility issues for sharing projects with other people and when you start having the need of
sharing, well, then you are probably headed towards PRO status and will purchase the major modules
anyway.

Whatever model it will eventually be, subscription or repurchase will not be popular and rather repel
loyal users. There will be a time when Luma will not be the only kid in town anymore and that might
strike back...