I don't know if this can help you but I got a WD MyPassport Wireless (Not pro, nor SSD) two days ago. I tried using it in Lumafusion but it didn't work (the drive appeared but no folders in it, also, the drive's battery icon was greyed out). It drove me crazy to the point that I though this old version was not compatible as the SSD and Pro versions. (Hard to find an official list of compatible WD devices, yeah, i'm looking at you Lumatouch
After many hours trying different things, I was able to fix my issue this way:
- Connect to the WD Wireless through wifi
- Open "My Cloud" app (close Lumafusion if oppened)
- Click on the Menu (3 horizontal bars on the top left),
- Click on Manage device
- In the "Already added" section, remove your drive by clicking on the red dot
- Then, add it again by clicking on it but select the "guest" mode instead of "admin" !!
- Open LumaFusion and connect to WD Wireless
--> Now, I can browse in Lumafusion and preview without downloading on my 32Go iPad
Maybe I missed some instructions that were available somewhere but I swear I spent so much time and found nothing about this kind of issue nor on this guest/admin features.
Anyway, I really hope this post will save time and effort to others.