Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:55 am 

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to LumaFusion and totally new to video editing. I downloaded the app a few weeks ago, and I've made a handful of videos with it. I've really liked it, except for one problem, described below. I tried to do a search for a similar thread, but I couldn't find anything. If there's another thread about this problem, a link would be helpful.

I'm running an iPad Mini 4 with the latest iOS version, and the most recent update for LumaFusion.

Here's what happens. Say I go out in the field and shoot a bunch of video clips. Then I come home to put them all together into a video story. Twice now, I will take a clip, trim it down to what I want, but when I drag it to my timeline, LumaFusion puts a completely different clip into my timeline. It's totally perplexing; I have no idea why it's doing this, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried to force quit and restart the app. I've restarted the iPad. I've tried trimming the clip to a different length, all for naught.

Just to restate it, when I go to drag and drop a clip from the editor into my timeline (I hope I'm using the proper terminology), LumaFusion puts a completely different clip into my timeline. Most of the time, this function works perfectly fine, but for two of my clips, it simply will not put it into my timeline. There's nothing different about those clips that I can tell. They were all filmed on an iPhone 7 Plus, they were all filmed at the same location on the same day with the same camera set-up.

I'm really at my wits end. It's made it impossible for me to complete two of my videos now, and I don't see any way to work around this. Please help.

Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:38 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello Jamie,

Sorry for the delayed response.
I just wanted to check in and get an update on whether you're still dealing with this issue?

Just for my reference:
- What version of LumaFusion are you using (numbers)?
*If you don't know where to find the version number, you can find it by tapping the Gear/Question Mark Icon and the version number will be shown at the top of that panel.

- What version of iOS are you using (numbers)?

If your iOS and LumaFusion versions are completely up to date try:
- Closing All apps, including LumaFusion
- Power down your device and turn it back on.
- Re-open LumaFusion

Let me know what you're experiencing.
I definitely want to get this resolved for you.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 pm 

@keith: That's exactly the same experience I've had. With your new version of LF 1.6.7, iOS 11.4.1 and iPad Pro!
So I recorded it and sent it to you by Mail (subject: video of wrong clip imported into timeline).
I hope it could help you.

Hans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:02 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello @Hans,

Thanks for sending the reference video. Very helpful. I will be sure to follow up with you all soon.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:39 pm 

Quote:

I just wanted to check in and get an update on whether you're still dealing with this issue?

Just for my reference:
- What version of LumaFusion are you using (numbers)?
*If you don't know where to find the version number, you can find it by tapping the Gear/Question Mark Icon and the version number will be shown at the top of that panel.

- What version of iOS are you using (numbers)?

If your iOS and LumaFusion versions are completely up to date try:
- Closing All apps, including LumaFusion
- Power down your device and turn it back on.
- Re-open LumaFusion
LumaTouch
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the response. I was never able to resolve the issue.

I'm using LumaFusion 1.6.6.754
iOS 11.4.1

I keep my iOS and apps updated regularly.

I've tried your suggestion to close apps, restart the device, and open LumaFusion several times. Nothing I did changed the behavior.

I use LumaFusion frequently, and this event has occurred twice. I can't reproduce it at will. It just happens every now and then. If/when it happens again, I'll try to get a video to show what it's doing, because it's somewhat confusing to try to explain.

As I said above, I import a handful of clips from my camera roll into LumaFusion, I'll trim one of those clips, but when I go to insert it into my timeline, it puts a completely different video in my timeline, with the same length as the trimmed clip I attempted to insert. I've tried starting a new project. I've tried deleting the clip and retrimming a new clip. I've tried numerous things, but it still does it. Somehow, LumaFusion is assigning two different clips the same identifier, and then confusing them.

It's bizarre and frustrating.

Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 pm 

Jamie,

when you tap on the play-button, will the clip be shown correctly? Will this effect you described be there only when you scrubbed the clip? If so, Keith have my video that shows this problem. So you are not alone... ;)

Hans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:59 pm 

Quote:
when you tap on the play-button, will the clip be shown correctly? Will this effect you described be there only when you scrubbed the clip? If so, Keith have my video that shows this problem. So you are not alone... ;)
If I play the video from the list of imports, it plays fine. If I play the video and trim it, it seems to play fine (that I can remember), but if I insert that trimmed clip into the video I'm working on, it plays a completely different video in its place. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "scrubbed the clip," but that's what happens.

I'm about 98% certain. Now that you're asking me specifics, I can't go back and check because I've delete the videos in question because I couldn't get them to work. Again... if this happens to me, I'll record it so you can see exactly what I see.

Jamie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:08 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hey People,

Sorry for the delayed follow up. Still waiting to get confirmation on this issue. We've received a couple issues similar to this one. Will reach out as soon as I get more information.

Feel free to leave an update if you've made any new discoveries.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm 

Keith,

I had the same issue come up again. I imported a handful of video clips that I wanted to put together into a final video. I took one video clip and trimmed it how I wanted, and when I inserted it into my timeline (I hope that's the correct terminology) it inserted a clip from a completely different video. I noticed that when I trimmed one video, LumaFusion also trimmed the other video, and it worked both ways. That is, if I trimmed either video, it correspondingly trimmed the other on its own. The clips themselves were of different length, but when I trimmed the clips, it would trim the other clip to that same exact length.

So... I was going to record the behavior on video so I could show you, but then it seemed to fix itself. Just poof! And it was working fine. I didn't do anything in particular that I can recall to fix it, it just started working as it should. So, no video. Sorry.

Thanks for looking into this for us!

Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello All,

Just wanted to update you.

Our developers were able to reproduce the issues described. So I want to thank you both for all the provided information. That was very helpful in allowing us to figure out that something wrong was happening. We'll be working on a fix for this for a future update. No firm date for when that will be, but our developers are now aware of this...thanks to you.

In the meantime, one of our developers mentioned possible workarounds:
1.) Trimming one frame from the end of the first clip
2.) Changing project to 30fps (One of the things our developer discovered is that the media being used is 30fps, but the problem occurs in a 24fps timeline).

Once again, the kinks are still being worked out to find more discoveries. But your information helped with most of it -- And thanks for your latest update Jamie.

Thanks again,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch