Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:30 am 
Novice
Novice

Having started some years ago with Final Cut Pro V1 and over time moving into the FCPX's evolution into data base editing, I have gotten used to that kind of workflow. As I move deeper into mobile production I'm trying to find a worklow that manages longer Reels especially in B-Role. Often times I get B-Role that is many minutes long and contains a number of potential clips for the final product.

WORKFLOW:

I have been loading the footage shot into portable SSD drives, reviewing it with just the built in IOS player and separating good B-Role reels into a Save Folder. From there I go into LumaFusion to edit.

What I would like to do is be able to just pull the good clips from the B-Role footage and have them individually available when I want to start an edit in LumaFusion.

I'm wondering if anyone has tackled this in a more elegant way? So instead of having a longe reel with possible good clips, having already cut out those clips into separate files to be trimmed and inserted in your LumaFusion timeline.

Possibly an app that allows for review and saves clips as individual files to Folders/Bins?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:08 am 
Expert
Expert

Maybe use LumaFusion itself? Make a temporary project. Add your b roll and trim to a good bit. Then export to’ iCloud in LumaFusion User Media folder (or sub folder). Then adjust trim/slip positions and export next good bit
You could possibly also use the Files app. I see in ios13 you can trim video files which saves as a new clip.
I’m assuming both LumaFusion and Files can access your SSD drives

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi Mark

Boy, do I feel foolish! The files app is the first place I tried to accomplish that but never dug deep enough to realize it had a clip trimmer :-)

Thanks for the help,

Richard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 pm 
Expert
Expert

No need to feel foolish. I was lucky enough to spot the new button (but I’m going to embark myself in my next post). Hope it works out!