Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:00 am 

Hi together,
I have the Passport Pro wireless non-ssd version and it gets recognized. (Popup is shown that a WD drive is in the network.
But if i try to browse it i get an errormessage „WD DRIVE NOT FOUND“

Eventually a litte bit buggy in this release !?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:53 am 

Just upgraded to the latest LumaFusion on my iPad and I get a somewhat limited list of directories on my Passport. It recognizes the WD Passport and I can drill down through the directory system, but many sub directories do not show up, most especially new directories with valid content. Bug? I have tried hard starting the iPad, no luck. Other WD and file utilities on the iPad DO show the missing, valid, directories. Looks like some sort of cache issue with LumaFusion. Pulling down the list of directories results in a spinning icon, but nothing changes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
The next version of LumaFusion 1.6 coming within the next week will have support for Western Digital SSD:

-Browse your WD media (including SD cards) directly from the library (no need to import) with icons for photos and videos
-Tap on photos, videos and music to preview and trim in LumaFusion without having to wait for media to download
-Media is automatically downloaded from your WD Wireless drive when you add to the timeline (continue editing while the media downloads)
-Export your finished projects directly to your WD Wireless drive
Is there any advantage left to the Gnarbox? Asking because I have the new Gnarbox 512 version on preorder from their kickstarter deal. It sounds like they have become similar products.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 pm 

Quote:
Hi together,
I have the Passport Pro wireless non-ssd version and it gets recognized. (Popup is shown that a WD drive is in the network.
But if i try to browse it i get an errormessage „WD DRIVE NOT FOUND“

Eventually a litte bit buggy in this release !?
Exact same issue for me :( did you find what was causing it ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try this

https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs.com/ar ... spro-drive

its in the FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:09 am 

Quote:
The next version of LumaFusion 1.6 coming within the next week will have support for Western Digital SSD:

-Browse your WD media (including SD cards) directly from the library (no need to import) with icons for photos and videos
-Tap on photos, videos and music to preview and trim in LumaFusion without having to wait for media to download
-Media is automatically downloaded from your WD Wireless drive when you add to the timeline (continue editing while the media downloads)
-Export your finished projects directly to your WD Wireless drive
Hi Terri. How do I delete WD media from Lumafusion? I tried disconnecting from WD to identify the downloaded media. I am able to select multiple photos and videos under WD, however, the delete icon is disabled. I need to delete those files in order to make space in my iPhone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi jun (I'm not Terri)

Welcome to the forum

You need to delete the project first, then you can delete the media

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm 

Quote:
Hi jun (I'm not Terri)

Welcome to the forum

You need to delete the project first, then you can delete the media
Hi GM. Ive already deleted all the projects. But i had to create a new project to access the media screen. The delete icon is still disabled.
Attachment:
9084B0D7-FA91-43CB-9993-4DE61FCC2C42.png
9084B0D7-FA91-43CB-9993-4DE61FCC2C42.png [ 2.8 MiB | Viewed 470 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What happens if you tap the ‘tick’ on the right hand side (below trimmer in your screen grab)?
Do you see the delete icon then?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 pm 

Quote:
What happens if you tap the ‘tick’ on the right hand side (below trimmer in your screen grab)?
Do you see the delete icon then?
No. The delete icon is still disabled even if tick the checkmark icon and even if I select multiple clips. This is happening just for WD media. For other Imported media, the delete functionality works fine.

I had 36GB worth of space I can't free up. Since I needed the space already, my workaround is to delete the app and reinstall. However, I'd rather not do this all the time as it requires that I archive all my projects before doing this.

I'm on the latest version of Lumafusion. The issue is reproducible as I did the same on my iPad.

It's possible that this is a bug. There's probably a condition in the program that if the media is WD, the delete icon is disabled. The developers probably put that there because LF is not suppose to delete media from the WD drive. The same condition may have been carried over to the WD media stored in the iOS device. However, LF should already have full authority to delete these files.

Hopefully it will get fixed in the next update as I really like working with LF and WD together.