Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

Is anyone using WD My Passport Wireless pro for storage either for clips, finished movies or backup for their phone?

LumaFusion + Filmic Pro + DJI Osmo Mobile 2 + iPhone 8 plus

www.youtube.com/Minuttforminutt

(Any typing errors or words out of place in my posts is because I use the iPhone to write posts, and have big fingers and autocorrect :-p )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:52 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I am

I don’t have the ssd version so it’s not the fastest but it works fine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I am

I don’t have the ssd version so it’s not the fastest but it works fine
Ingot the same thing. But when I’m accessing the MyCkoud all on my iPhone, to send pictures or videos to it from my phone, it says 600 and something photos, and not the actual number of photos I got on my phone.

And, yesterday I was to transfer 50 video clips, but only one of those where showing...
Even if I connected my phone to the drive with USB, I could only find that one video file and not those 60 I needed to move.

(Any typing errors or words out of place in my posts is because I use the iPhone to write posts, and have big fingers and autocorrect :-p )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:33 am 
Adept
Adept

I think the idea of access directly from a NAS file server or wireless external hard drive sounds fantastic and sexy - on paper...

But in reality, is it not better to download all the files locally to our iPad. Then after the edit, backup to the NAS or external hard drive?

I think we are years away from having the external data speeds catch up to the needs of the software.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:19 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I think the idea of access directly from a NAS file server or wireless external hard drive sounds fantastic and sexy - on paper...

But in reality, is it not better to download all the files locally to our iPad. Then after the edit, backup to the NAS or external hard drive?

I think we are years away from having the external data speeds catch up to the needs of the software.
Thats what I’m doing right now. I work with files on my iPad or iPhone and keep them locally on my iThing (cool name for it, hehe ), and when im done, i upload the finished product to a folder named what ever the project is called and I got one folder raw material, so I keep everything tighter.

I use the drive mostly for local backup at home, but also let that drive upload to Dropbox every night. For some reason upload speed from my iPhone is much less than from my WD wireless...

But my problem was that some files did not show up when trying to move them to the drive. But it might be a user error... poop in own nest .. :-p

I bought 2TB iCloud space, and a lot of files went up in the cloud, and left just a low res “copy” on my phone. I hate not having control over my files ... but now I have understood what happens and can lower my pulse again :-p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mmmm - dunno

I'd say that a sata drive isn't fast enough for on the fly at all - in my opinion

But ssd might 'just' be up to it - anyone want to buy me a Gnarbox :D :D

I'm a bit 'old school' and like to download the files to my iThing (and then delete them to get the space back) - that's what I do with my WD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The next version of LumaFusion 1.6 coming within the next week will have support for Western Digital SSD:

-Browse your WD media (including SD cards) directly from the library (no need to import) with icons for photos and videos
-Tap on photos, videos and music to preview and trim in LumaFusion without having to wait for media to download
-Media is automatically downloaded from your WD Wireless drive when you add to the timeline (continue editing while the media downloads)
-Export your finished projects directly to your WD Wireless drive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:42 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
The next version of LumaFusion 1.6 coming within the next week will have support for Western Digital SSD:

-Browse your WD media (including SD cards) directly from the library (no need to import) with icons for photos and videos
-Tap on photos, videos and music to preview and trim in LumaFusion without having to wait for media to download
-Media is automatically downloaded from your WD Wireless drive when you add to the timeline (continue editing while the media downloads)
This sounds fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:

So, does this ONLY import/transfer into Lumafusion the trimmed portion you've added to your timeline? Or, does it copy over the entire source clip?

Does this work with the WD exactly the same as it does with the GNARBOX?

Lastly, does this also work with the WD Passport Wireless Pro (non-SSD) Or, does it only work with the SSD version?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi skiphunt

I've got the WD non ssd version

I will try it over the weekend if I get chance