Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am 
Novice
Novice

I was wanting to know if there is a way to add a Share Name when connecting to a Network Drive via the Import Media option. On my various network devices, I have several Share Names defined, but I have security set up to not display the Share Name (even though a particular set of credentials may have been granted read/write access to the share). This is somewhat of a "security through obscurity" practice ... but I digress 8-) ... so what happens is that after I provide credentials to the network drive / NAS I'm wanting to access via LumaFusion, I don't see any of the shares/folders that user has rights to...

For example, when connecting to remote devices in the FileBrowser App for iOS, I can do one of two things:
  • provide the full UNC path to the NAS -- with the desired Share Name appended to the end of the NAS device name
  • connect to the NAS device name only (similar to the feature in LumaFusion now) -- but then after I connect to the NAS, I can click an Add Share button to display my unadvertised Share Name

So...is there a way to access non-advertised shares after establishing the connection to Network Drive within LumaFusion or perhaps provide the share name up front? I know the workaround would be for me to change the visibility / advertising of the Share Name from the NAS admin control panel itself, but I'd rather not have to resort to doing that if at all possible since that goes against the security practice I tend to follow...

Thanks!