Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:22 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks for the update Terri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm 
Adept
Adept

Always a pleasure to see Dave’s helpful comments. What a stalwart you are. Good on you.
Also I always like Terri’s very considerate and professional posts. Thank you Terri.
Personally I’m not doing much because my desire for quick but perfect results means I need more automation in LumaFusion.
I remember that my first ever request in this forum years ago was for stabilisation! And I’d love to try speed ramping.
If only sharing from within one app to another was more of a thing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I'm sorry. We don't have an eta on these things.

It's not that they are not high on our list, it's just that there's a lot of things to do and we are a very small team. There are many opinions about what is the most important feature. We do listen and keep track of what is asked for and then schedule those things keeping in mind we need continual growth (either in the form of new markets, new users or in-app purchases) to be able to keep developing features at all, since the app is not a subscription once you buy it, you get to keep it forever for free.

So bear with us as we make decisions on how to best achieve these things while still keeping the company healthy and safe. And know that we are listening and will do our best to get you what you need.

I think speedramping and stabilazation would make a great in app purchase for more serious users. I would happily pay extra for these features (I would've paid extra for the LUT feature to be honest..).

How about a poll to get more insight into what features or improvements users find important?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:10 am 
Novice
Novice

I would pay for in-app purchases for:
Speed ramping
Stabilization
3-color LUT control (instead of LUT presets, the ability to use 3 color wheels to create your own)
An extra video track (for iPad Pro users)
Video overlays (old film, film grains, flicker, light leaks)
Additional audio controls, like splitting mono to left/right channels or combining audio tracks to one
Additional titling controls (like scrolling credits)
Motion tracking of objects
Muting a video track

All separately, mind you. And don't be shy, these are pro-tools so make it worth your while. Pro editing software and plug-ins are expensive.

There can be more along the way, but by adding pro features as in-app purchases will give you a more sustainable business model and allows you to hire more developers to add more features. I'd rather pay a little more for app features than go to a subscription price model. I want to see LumaFusion succeed and grow. I can pick and choose what features I want based on my hardware's ability and my editing techniques.

I love the ability to edit while being mobile. Sitting in my backyard by the firepit with a cigar and beer and not being tied to a desk for hours is worth a lot to me.

If you need a boost to get these enhancements, offer a crowdfunding campaign. LumaFusion is poised right now to be the defacto-standard pro video editing app on iOS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm with you on that one shanezep

But

See my signature below :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I'm with you on that one shanezep

But

See my signature below :D :D
This makes me curious. Who are the few and who are the many and what features do they want to see? Why not do an inquiry here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:00 am 
Novice
Novice

I agree....who are the many and what are they asking for?

I say start with the basic add-ons to get the seed money to develop the more intensive items. For example, creating an add-on that gives you 1 or 2 more video tracks with the ability to mute them (turn them off). If you have an iPad that has the power to handle two more tracks and assuming LumaFusion itself doesn't choke on them, that can be an in-app purchase of say, $2.99 (U.S.). Maybe you get thousands that purchase that and that seeds the money to develop the next in-app add-on that might be popular.

Let's say that is speed ramping. Then that add-on is maybe priced at $5.99. Then the color LUT wheels add-on is maybe $9.99 and so forth. The more pro the feature, the more cost to add it on as fewer users are apt to purchase or use such tools, yet the business model should be sustaining.

In my opinion, LumaFusion is pretty much there for semi-pro work. Maybe a couple features and fixes in its current form and at the price it's at now is fine. Start working on the pro features as in-app purchases. Don't get me wrong, if Luma wants to include these pro tools in LF for free, I'm all for that. I'm just offering a suggestion that I'd be willing to purchase some of these pro tools as an income model to keep them motivated and moving forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Make sure you add your wishes to the feature poll

That will help to find '.. the needs of the many' :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

Those in app purchases sound like a great route to take.

I can imagine Luma Fusion having several in app purchases as features to add the app. Luma Fusion will be more personal, and customized. Me, I would go for in app purchases like Stabilization, a 10 band audio Equalizer, Noise reduction, Speedramping and LUTS.

Added benefit of the in app purchases is a clean interface and a tighter user experience. Personally I don't care for some of the features in Luma Fusion, however they are part of the interface and my user experience. I can imagine the app getting rather cluttered when more features will be added in the future, especially on a phone screen. This way being able to choose which features to add to 'my version' of Luma Fusion will improve the user experience.

I think everbody wins with this method and Luma Fusion can grow to become even better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:58 am 
Novice
Novice

I would support one time in-app purchases for extra features but whatever you do please do not go the subscription route.