Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 am 
Novice
Novice

Just want to confirm that I understand correctly working with 60fps footage on a 24fps timeline.

I imported my 60fps footage onto a 24fps timeline, and in the speed settings I reduced the speed of the footage to 0.40x. Everything seems to play smoothly. But, I'm wondering, can I adjust the speed settings to any number and it will always playback smoothly no matter what? Or is there an optimal speed for 60fps footage to playback smooth slow-mo on a 24fps timeline (i.e. 0.40x)?

The reason I ask is that reading this article here: (https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs.com/ar ... full-speed) there seems to have been a time where LumaFusion would indicate the absolute lowest speed that could be selected before it would duplicate frames. I'm not seeing that indicator in the current version of LumaFusion, so I was thinking maybe all speed settings are okay for smooth playback? Or that maybe LumaFusion now interpret's footage?

Any clarification so that I can better understand and best use 60fps footage on a 24fps timeline would be much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello PresidentJade,

We don't show an indicator for 60fps, since this is not a slow motion frame rate (even though you can use it to produce slow motion results). 120fps and 240fps are slow motion framerates and so we put a mark for that. If your project is 24fps, then yes the setting for 60fps would be 0.40x.

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch