Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:07 pm 

This has happened twice now since the new update. When it happens, the only fix I’ve been able to run is to completely reinstall the app. Which means I lose all my settings (I do back up the projects).

Here it is:

In the main window I create an overlay. Then, in the editing window, I can either add/modify text (“your text here”) or add a shape or an image. You know how it works, right?

I click on “add image” and then “import image.” The box comes up asking me where I would like to import the photos from. Photo library...icloud...Google drive...etc...etc...So I select “Photo Library.”

I now get this error message: “Error reading information from photo library. Please try again later...”

Strange. The app can still access photos from the “Sources” box in the main window. Restarting the app doesn’t solve the problem. Neither does rebooting the ipad or shutting off the access to photos in iPad “Settings” and turning them back on. Grrrr!

I can move the needed photo from the photo library to my icloud drive and then the app will load the image without error. But that’s a bit of a pain. It just now refuses to recognize the photo library in this part of the app. It was working fine...then it wasn’t.

Any help, oh wisened Lumafusion users?

Attachments:
File comment: Here is the error message.
D85A7A30-E762-4E4C-88AB-0CFB5BA3EDCE.jpeg
D85A7A30-E762-4E4C-88AB-0CFB5BA3EDCE.jpeg [ 163.82 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Cyberyukon

We think that this is an issue with still images that are in iCloud and not on the device. Is that the case in your situation?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 am 

I don’t think so. The images are stored in iPhoto, locally on the ipad. Not in the cloud. When LumaTouch goes searching for the photos to input, whatever “handshake” happens between it and the photos isn’t happening.

Maybe a clue lies in the error message itself. It prompts me to try again later. Why? What would happen later and automatically to fix the problem? What does LumaTouch know that I don’t?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Cyberyukon

Did you update to 1.6.4? Does that change anything for you?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:10 pm 

Yes—the new version fixed the problem!

Hopefully forever!

I’ll post back here if it comes back (I say this with a bit of caution. The previous way to fix it was also to just delete and then reinstall the app. It’s a glitch that happened unexpectedly. We’ll see!)

Meantime, thank you x 1,000,000 for your help!!!!!